I think my cat is pregnant?!

KRBJ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had my cat set up to be spayed in 2 weeks, since I set the appointment a month ago she has started puking, sleeping a lot, her nipples are darker and she does look a bit bigger. You must be wondering if she's so obviously pregnant why am I questioning it? She is so tiny, and no one else things she is. I'm attaching a picture not her nipples, they are barely changed but they are darker and it feels like they are bulging out, and I don't want to spay her if she's pregnant. The part of her stomach that is bigger is towards the middle, she still has extra stomach skin towards her back legs, and I estimate she's about 5 weeks if she is pregnant.

Attachments

MadisonL

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Usually when a cat’s pregnant they can be more affectionate and usually the nipples tend to swell later but it might be too soon. Usually change in diet can also tell pregnancy

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If your unspayed cat had access to outdoors or any non-neutered male cat, then she is likely pregnant, and it sounds like she may be from what you say. An X-ray at the vet in a couple weeks can confirm this.

How old is your cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KRBJ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's 11 months, she never showed signs of heat and she was weak and sick as a kitten so we assumed maybe she wouldn't go in heat. We have an intact male that is scheduled to be neutered at the same time she was supposed to get spayed, he kept trying to mate with her but she always rolled over and bit him, I never saw her take the mating position. I know she should be pregnant, and I believe she is but it's so hard without an x-ray. We live in a small town where it's hard to get into the vet, and they overcharge because of the demand.