I never thought it could hurt this much

kevin g

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tigger was only 8 months old when she died from unknown causes (well, I think the vets knows but...) At first I did not cry but when I got home and I did not see her perched on the window sill as usual I let it out. It hurts pretty bad.

Anyway, this is for Tigger.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry.It is always hard to lose them no matter what their age. In time, perhaps you will find it within yourself to open up your heart and bring another cat into your home. The one problem with owning cats is they don't live as long as we do-

I have set a candle burning to light Tigger's way

petnurse2265

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My little Echo was 8 months too, it is hard when they are so young. I'm sure Echo will keep her company over the Rainbow bridge, till you come for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kevin g

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do want another. I have been looking all over the place. This time I will take better care of her. It is hard to find one in my area. Looks like I will have to save up so I can get one from the pound.

Thanks for lighting the candle. I think I am finally among people who can understand that this grief is almost the same as losing a human loved one.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Kevin, so sorry to hear that you lost little Tigger. I hope that you can find some comfort in knowing that she will be waiting for you at the Rainbow bridge, and someday you will be reunited with her. Only time will dull the ache of loss. I hope that you can find another kitten friend. Hugs.

dmcwlvssr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kevin my heart goes out to you! I too lost a sweet furry (to cancer) awhile ago. It does hurt but she will be with you forever in your heart and your memories! Hugs!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kevin, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Tigger

Will keep you in my thoughts.
RIP sweet Tigger

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Yes, it hurts. I have been there many times and my heart goes out to you. I will say a prayer for you and Tigger.

Tricia

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My condolences on the loss of Tigger! The more we love, the greater the pain. Your comment about the empty windowsill really hit home with me! Their passing leaves such a raw, open wound in the heart.
I hope that you are able to find a new kitty just as soon as you are ready. With kitten season just starting, that probably wont be much of a problem. You might want to try putting up an index card at the local feedstores - often pregnant cats get dumped near farms, and the farmers are too busy, esp. as spring starts, to be worrying about the different ways to handle the situation. Knowing that you could give a kitty a home could propose an option. After you feel better, you could try doing research online to plan ahead for your next cat(s) to help you realize that time does heal and that in your future there is plenty more of the special love & affection that cats give. And be prepared - I've been neck deep in grief before, and too miserable to even consider another cat, when, voila! - a cat in dire need lands smack dab in my path. No, they don't replace Tigger, but they need you just as she did; and they will love you in their own special way. I will keep you in my hearts & prayers, Susan