I need help! (and a funny story)

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have not been able to find the kittens... dh went to let the dog out of the kennel.. and thought there shouldnt be furr on top of the cage... (we cover his cage with a blanket so he doesnt see out ot he whines).

Waaah lah! Found two of the three kittens. #3, Ana keeps begging for food. I have never met a cat who constantly wants human food. And I mean any time there is human food... here comes Ana! That can't be good. We caught her in the trash yesterday.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have not been able to find the kittens... dh went to let the dog out of the kennel.. and thought there shouldnt be furr on top of the cage... (we cover his cage with a blanket so he doesnt see out ot he whines).

Waaah lah! Found two of the three kittens. #3, Ana keeps begging for food. I have never met a cat who constantly wants human food. And I mean any time there is human food... here comes Ana! That can't be good. We caught her in the trash yesterday.
so, you found two of the kittens snuggled in with your dog? that must have been so very cute to see!

i use a plastic canister with lid, and put a bread/storage bag in it as a liner, for a "scraps container". since the lid snaps shut, my cats can't get into it to go after food scraps. i just empty the scraps container every day when i'm gathering the trash to take out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What if you are eating... how do you keep them off of you? The second she hears a bag being opened or she sees you eating, she is on you trying to grab food. If not successful, she tries for crumbs. And not just a little.
My daughter caught her once in the trash. I am hoping she isn't doing it and we are just not seeing it. She has 2 places for food and three places for water. Two litter boxes.

When she was found by her foster dad... she was so tiny, eyes closed, so she was fed by a dropper.
When we got her, she was just being moved to mixed wet and dry. No mention of her eating or trying to eat human food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One girl... Ms Mew snuggling with Louie the dog.

Of the 3 kittens, one does not like Louie and he does not like her at all. I worry he might hurt her. Few people/animals he tries to get that aggressive with.
Elsie/Elsa. My husband and and I call her Elsie but my 6 year old named her Elsa after the movie Frozen.

Ana and Ms. Mew get along OK with Louie. Ms. Mew gets alobg the best with him. She is who was cuddling with him earlier. Interestingly... Louie the dog is extremely dominate. Mew is very dominate.
Of the three kittens, she is the non bio kitten. Funny, as far as I know, she has only lived with humans.

so, you found two of the kittens snuggled in with your dog? that must have been so very cute to see!

i use a plastic canister with lid, and put a bread/storage bag in it as a liner, for a "scraps container". since the lid snaps shut, my cats can't get into it to go after food scraps. i just empty the scraps container every day when i'm gathering the trash to take out.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What if you are eating... how do you keep them off of you? The second she hears a bag being opened or she sees you eating, she is on you trying to grab food. If not successful, she tries for crumbs. And not just a little.
My daughter caught her once in the trash. I am hoping she isn't doing it and we are just not seeing it. She has 2 places for food and three places for water. Two litter boxes.

When she was found by her foster dad... she was so tiny, eyes closed, so she was fed by a dropper.
When we got her, she was just being moved to mixed wet and dry. No mention of her eating or trying to eat human food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One girl... Ms Mew snuggling with Louie the dog.

Of the 3 kittens, one does not like Louie and he does not like her at all. I worry he might hurt her. Few people/animals he tries to get that aggressive with.
Elsie/Elsa. My husband and and I call her Elsie but my 6 year old named her Elsa after the movie Frozen.

Ana and Ms. Mew get along OK with Louie. Ms. Mew gets alobg the best with him. She is who was cuddling with him earlier. Interestingly... Louie the dog is extremely dominate. Mew is very dominate.
Of the three kittens, she is the non bio kitten. Funny, as far as I know, she has only lived with humans.
when my mickey and snick were young kittens, i would have to close them in my bedroom while i ate my meals. otherwise they'd be climbing all over me trying to get to my food. my two had been dewormed and ate very well, so no possibility of worms with mine.

may i ask -- how old is ana? has she been dewormed/vet checked for worms/parasites? i'm asking because if she has worms/parasites (as many kittens do), then i'm pretty sure that can cause her to feel more hungry or constantly hungry. another question -- what canned/dry cat foods is ana eating? i ask because sometimes the brand of cat food they're eating isn't giving them all the nutrition their bodies need. in this case, the kitten/cat's body would feel constantly hungry -- for the nutrition it's missing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes she has been. Her tummy is full when she does this. Thank you for the suggestions.

Once they are older, we will chip them (or what is the best thing for kittens?) And get any other shots they need. And if she is still doing it at that time, I will mention ir to the vet.

We honestly never did anything for our first set of kittens. They were indoor unless we hooked them on a lead or took them for a walk.
So I have no clue What else we should do when we guess them to be closer to 12-14 weeks and get them fixed.

Can someone verify or guess their age, closer than what we have guessed? Like the vet? I don't want to fix them too young and I do not wanna be a grandman to furr babies!

The culprit!

Two of three faces... I think Ana was sleeping

Photoooobomb by Mew. Lol

Love my girls!

when my mickey and snick were young kittens, i would have to close them in my bedroom while i ate my meals. otherwise they'd be climbing all over me trying to get to my food. my two had been dewormed and ate very well, so no possibility of worms with mine.

may i ask -- how old is ana? has she been dewormed/vet checked for worms/parasites? i'm asking because if she has worms/parasites (as many kittens do), then i'm pretty sure that can cause her to feel more hungry or constantly hungry. another question -- what canned/dry cat foods is ana eating? i ask because sometimes the brand of cat food they're eating isn't giving them all the nutrition their bodies need. in this case, the kitten/cat's body would feel constantly hungry -- for the nutrition it's missing.