I miss my Sassy

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat named Sassy, who was already named when we brought her home, but I just came across a picture of my older cat Sassy, who I got when I was about 6 (11 years ago), and I miss her a lot. We had to put her to sleep in October 2003 because she had cancer.

RIP Sassy. I miss you.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sassy was a beautiful cat. Rest in peace dear girl. You are still loved and missed.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, Sassy was such a pretty girl.

(just made this up; dedicated to your Sassy baby
- )

Let her live on in your heart,
don't drown her in tears
she knows how much you have missed her
throughout all these years
she wants you to be happy
you'll see her again
it's not the end of the world!
she's in peace at Rainbow Bridge

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys. She was pretty, but she didn't like people very much. I still miss her, even though she didn't really like me (I still have a few scars from her
). I liked your poem, sweetiecat3, so thanks.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

I liked your poem, sweetiecat3, so thanks.
I know it isn't that great, but still that's what I had to say. Try not to remember those times she scratched you and stuff, remember the good things, it will help.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3

I know it isn't that great, but still that's what I had to say. Try not to remember those times she scratched you and stuff, remember the good things, it will help.
I think it's a nice poem.
Even though there were a lot of times she was mean, I still have plenty of good memories of her.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think it's a nice poem.
Even though there were a lot of times she was mean, I still have plenty of good memories of her.
Thanks.
It's nice to hear that you do still have good memories of her! If you don't mind me asking, what was one of your best memories of Sassy?

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks.
It's nice to hear that you do still have good memories of her! If you don't mind me asking, what was one of your best memories of Sassy?
Hmm.. lets see.. the funniest ones were probably the times when she tore up all the toilet paper in the bathrooms.. we ended up having to shut the doors when we weren't home.. mom wasn't too happy about that.
Another was when she'd hear us coming home, and she'd crawl behind the tv set, and peek out at us under the curtain (I thought this was so cute
). She even ate the little sunflower I planted at school and brought home for mom! She did a lot of funny things.. even if a few didn't make us too happy.. like crawling in the cabinets and getting fur all over our plates and cups. Now that I think about it, I kind of miss the weird things she did.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmm.. lets see.. the funniest ones were probably the times when she tore up all the toilet paper in the bathrooms.. we ended up having to shut the doors when we weren't home.. mom wasn't too happy about that.
Another was when she'd hear us coming home, and she'd crawl behind the tv set, and peek out at us under the curtain (I thought this was so cute
). She even ate the little sunflower I planted at school and brought home for mom! She did a lot of funny things.. even if a few didn't make us too happy.. like crawling in the cabinets and getting fur all over our plates and cups. Now that I think about it, I kind of miss the weird things she did.
Aww, what a mischievious little cat she was, I'll bet.

I know it's really hard losing someone so dear to you, but haven't you found it to be a little bit easier over the years? Not that you love her less or miss her less, but....

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Aww, what a mischievious little cat she was, I'll bet.

I know it's really hard losing someone so dear to you, but haven't you found it to be a little bit easier over the years? Not that you love her less or miss her less, but....
Yeah, she was.. I took her home when she was just old enough to leave her mom.

I think it's a lot easier now.. I remember I'd cry every night for a couple weeks after we put her to sleep. I wasn't used to her being gone.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Sassy you gorgeous little girl!

Play happily over the bridge little one
Aww.. thanks. She was really pretty, so I wish I had a clearer picture (yes, the one I posted is a picture of a picture
).

ginnyp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sassy was such a pretty girl. (My Candy was also a Siamese.) It sounds like Sassy had quite the personality, as did my Candy. She also liked to tear up toilet paper, especially in her youth! It seems she knew she was more my cat than my husbandâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s (our Heidi, a pug, is more his dog than mine, but not by much). Anyway, Candy would get up on his desk, or his side of the dresser and mess with his stuff (move it around; knock if off), but she never messed with my stuff (and I have plenty of “stuff†she could have messed with)! It sometimes really irritated him!

I know you still miss your Siamese, Sassy. May your memories comfort you. My Candy just joined her at the Rainbow Bridge after Christmas, and Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll bet theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re having a ball there, playing tricks on all the others!

R.I.P. sweet Sassy.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ginnyp

Sassy was such a pretty girl. (My Candy was also a Siamese.) It sounds like Sassy had quite the personality, as did my Candy. She also liked to tear up toilet paper, especially in her youth! It seems she knew she was more my cat than my husband’s (our Heidi, a pug, is more his dog than mine, but not by much). Anyway, Candy would get up on his desk, or his side of the dresser and mess with his stuff (move it around; knock if off), but she never messed with my stuff (and I have plenty of “stuff” she could have messed with)! It sometimes really irritated him!

I know you still miss your Siamese, Sassy. May your memories comfort you. My Candy just joined her at the Rainbow Bridge after Christmas, and I’ll bet they’re having a ball there, playing tricks on all the others!

R.I.P. sweet Sassy.
Aww, they sound so similar! Sassy did lots of things that got her into trouble, like the time she somehow (I'm still not sure how she did it) got outside, and stayed under the house for three days, until she finally decided to come out and sit by the door. We looked everywhere for her!

I'm sure they're good friends, up at Rainbow Bridge.

R.I.P Candy!

ginnyp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m sure Sassy had you so worried when she was missing for three days! I can just see her sitting by the door and waiting for you. Candy never got out, but there were numerous times weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]d be looking for her in the house, calling her (like when leaving and wanting to make sure she wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t shut up in one room that we normally kept closed). Eventually weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]d spot her, just sitting somewhere looking at us look for her, like saying “Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m here.â€