I lost Bradley

wonderbean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i had started with this forum and was very excited to share my stories and pictures of my little man, we both got a very warm welcome and a lot of assurance when i was worried about bradley changing after being neutered. Well Bradley will be forever young. He suddenly passed away on wednesday april 12th. we dont know what happened but have exhausted all possibilities that we did something wrong. he had been a stray and although seem in tip top shape, he could have had any number of defects, i am sure, that just caught up with him. it is going to be tough because in the short two months he was with us he made quite the impact! we will eventually be able fill the void he left but never replace the stop he had on our hearts. i look forward to you all meeting our new little guy when the time is right.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP, Little Bradley! I am so sorry for you. This had to have been terrible. I send love and hugs. Are you going to be getting another kitty?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wonderbean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes most definately, part of me wants to go out and get one today, but then i wonder if it is too soon. it is all new to me.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace dear Bradley. You are loved and missed.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear of Bradley's passing
I'm sure you showed him lots of love in the time you knew him.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You must still be in shock. I am sorry that he passed so unexpectedly.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WonderBean

yes most definately, part of me wants to go out and get one today, but then i wonder if it is too soon. it is all new to me.
When it comes to rescuing a cat, can help ever come soon enough for the cat? I know that grieving is such an individual process, but I have never regretted getting another furbaby (they usu. arrive in my life when I am so, so sure that the timing would be so wrong). I am sure that Bradley is up there nodding in agreement - he knows so well what a wonderful home you offer. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Hugs, Susan

wonderbean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

When it comes to rescuing a cat, can help ever come soon enough for the cat? I know that grieving is such an individual process, but I have never regretted getting another furbaby (they usu. arrive in my life when I am so, so sure that the timing would be so wrong). I am sure that Bradley is up there nodding in agreement - he knows so well what a wonderful home you offer. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Hugs, Susan
some days are easier than others, yesterday was a tough one. it has been a week today and it still hurts like it was yesterday. i know that is all part of "the process" and i want another cat but bradley was such an amazing cat, and i know that i will love the next just as much, but i am scared they will never live up to him. then i think that each cat has its own unique personality and things will be okay, but boy this stuff is so hard! but i am trying to keep on trucking.

and thank you all for your kind words, it helps!!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry you lost your sweet boy

You will know deep down inside when the time is right for you to get another cat. Take some time to grieve and heal, you don't have to rush yourself to make a decision right now.
Truth be known, cats have a way of finding their way into your life when you least expect it. A new cat won't be there to replace Bradley. He will always hold a special place in your heart.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your sudden loss. He was in your life for a reason, as you were in his life for a reason. With you, he was loved and that is something he has taken with him to the Bridge, to keep him happy and safe forever
. RIP Bradley.

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about Bradley. I too went through a similar situation with my first kitty, Emily. She was only 6 months old when we had to have her put to sleep. It's so tough with little ones.

Just as a precaution, even though getting another little one is a great idea, you must want to wait a little while. Since he was a stray and you aren't sure what was wrong with him I would wait and make sure to thorougly clean everything. Just incase something could be passed to your new kitten.

Sorry again for your loss. RIP Bradley.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of dear Bradley. It must have been doubly hard with it being so sudden and unexplained.
I like to believe that with the passing of a beloved kitty, it opens up a heart and home for another kitty that desperately needs it. You can never replace Bradley, but another kitty will come to you when the time is right. When we had to help our precious 18 year old Fred to the Bridge, if I had not had other kitties at home, I would have gone to the shelter right then. I cannot imagine life without cats, but that is what have been right for me, you will know when it is right for you.

wonderbean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks for the advice. but hopefully that isnt something i need to worry about, i worry excessively as it is. i didnt pick him up as a stray, a local no-kill shelter had when he was a younger, he was tested for the major illnesses and had been to the vet three times and was up to date on all of his shots. he wasnt ill at all before his passing and just appeared to have had a congenital problem. should i still be concerned? i just dont want anything to happen to a new one, i couldnt handle that!
thanks