I just lost my best friend unexpectedly

Rjaxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just lost my Mae Mae this morning
She was only 10 years old. Hard core momma's girl...Devastated doesn't begin to describe how I'm feeling. Heart is broken, soul is crushed...
& Sometime this week I'll find out if my 5 year old cat has cancer lymphoma-in her neck
(Vet is 99% positive-just waiting on test results)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! I am so sorry! :hugs: You are going through so much right now. I am crying with you, for you, at this very moment. I don't know what to say. Please let us know the results of your five-year-old cat's test. The only thing I can offer is prayers, but you have them. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me, Angie a.k.a. nurseangel nurseangel .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rjaxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OMG! I am so sorry! :hugs: You are going through so much right now. I am crying with you, for you, at this very moment. I don't know what to say. Please let us know the results of your five-year-old cat's test. The only thing I can offer is prayers, but you have them. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me, Angie a.k.a. nurseangel nurseangel .
Thank you so incredibly much & I definitely will as soon as I can

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, you are devastated, your heart is broken, you have a huge wound to your soul......your heart doesn't know the difference between loving a cat, or a human, it just loves. Cats are so undemanding, so easy to love. All they want in life is someone to love and a home. you gave your Mae Mae both. No words can ever bring you peace right now, but knowing others have stood in your shoes and understand your feelings right now helps. We will all hold you both in our thoughts and for some, in our prayers.
Love is spiritual, so eternal. Mae Mae's love will surround your life's journey forever. she lives on through you now and can help you get through any hard times coming up. (though I hope not)She will be waiting for your other little one and will welcome her, no matter how long that is.
always go forward into the future and live it as you would want for her to go forward, full of gratitude for having your love and seeking more love to add to it. Not a future full of tears and sadness.
As sure as the sun rises tomorrow, her love, the 'essence' of what she was, will be near. no matter what happens she will always love you. Right now just live for today, one day at a time. You can't change teh past, the future is not ours to see, so be gentle on yourself and take comfort from your good memories over all those years. Remember, "Do not cry because it si over, smile because it happened." She gave you an incredible treasure in this world, a cat's love........RIP precious Mae Mae. you will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so so sorry for your loss. This year, I got so much comfort from Ozzie the cat when I was grieving for my beloved dog, who I lost in the space of twenty-four hours. She'd been off colour for a few weeks, but neither the vet nor I had seen her final illness coming. I can only imagine what sort of emotional wreck I would have been if something had happened to Oz in those first horrible few weeks. You must be going through so much hardship. I don't know what to say other than that I'm sending hugs and support your way over the internet.

Sleep well Mae Mae, and know that you will always be loved. :angelcat:

Rjaxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so so sorry for your loss. This year, I got so much comfort from Ozzie the cat when I was grieving for my beloved dog, who I lost in the space of twenty-four hours. She'd been off colour for a few weeks, but neither the vet nor I had seen her final illness coming. I can only imagine what sort of emotional wreck I would have been if something had happened to Oz in those first horrible few weeks. You must be going through so much hardship. I don't know what to say other than that I'm sending hugs and support your way over the internet.

Sleep well Mae Mae, and know that you will always be loved. :angelcat:
Thank you so much

Rjaxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Of course, you are devastated, your heart is broken, you have a huge wound to your soul......your heart doesn't know the difference between loving a cat, or a human, it just loves. Cats are so undemanding, so easy to love. All they want in life is someone to love and a home. you gave your Mae Mae both. No words can ever bring you peace right now, but knowing others have stood in your shoes and understand your feelings right now helps. We will all hold you both in our thoughts and for some, in our prayers.
Love is spiritual, so eternal. Mae Mae's love will surround your life's journey forever. she lives on through you now and can help you get through any hard times coming up. (though I hope not)She will be waiting for your other little one and will welcome her, no matter how long that is.
always go forward into the future and live it as you would want for her to go forward, full of gratitude for having your love and seeking more love to add to it. Not a future full of tears and sadness.
As sure as the sun rises tomorrow, her love, the 'essence' of what she was, will be near. no matter what happens she will always love you. Right now just live for today, one day at a time. You can't change teh past, the future is not ours to see, so be gentle on yourself and take comfort from your good memories over all those years. Remember, "Do not cry because it si over, smile because it happened." She gave you an incredible treasure in this world, a cat's love........RIP precious Mae Mae. you will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Thank you for your kindness, support & thoughtful words I'm very grateful for it all

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you genle, Mae Mae, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I do not know which is worse, a quick, unexpected death, or a long, lingering one, in terms of how we handle them. I suspect that they are BOTH worse, each in their own way. But this is the Deepest Truth I know, and for certain...love never dies, it is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. And I know that Mae Mae, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, blesses you for your love for her, and she sends her own love back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

And for your other cat, a candle is lit!
00LitCandle.jpeg