I hope s/he wont get sick... HELP!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok Runts is the smallest of the babies in Skittles litter... I went to give her formula and she took it and Skittles did not mind she seemed to understand because the next thing I know Runts is with her all the time... She even pulles her out to nurse while she is eating... Well that was over week ago... Tonight I put her wet food with KMR in it on the ground next to the nest and she did the usual... Got out picked up Runts to nurse... It was like she knew runts needs more then what she was getting...Well I left for 10 min and when I returned to the room Runts was in the food she was sucking it up I think... it was all over her 2 front paws and her face... Skittles was on the other side of the plate eating... Runtis is 2 weeks old should I be worried that she will get sick now... I closed the closet up so she could finish it and let her back in the nest and removed the wet food not much left... Should I worry...

njangel021

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't worry about it to much. When we had our litter we actually used to take plan baby rice cereal and mix it with some warm evaporate milk they used to suck that stuff down and of course the paws and face where a mess but gave mommy something good to clean
just if you try that just make sure its not really watery I also had to use that on a kitten that I got when she was only 3 weeks old and she is a happy and healthy 5 year old spoiled girl

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Runts may have the runs but mom has to clean that up
I don't think it will hurt her, just may upset her stomach.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Misty was putting her kittens around the cage as soon as they started opening eyes(6 days) and shed put them in the wet food bowl, and put one in the litter(hey I didnt say shes bright....
They are 8 weeks old today(WOOHOO!!!) and none the worse for the wear. Also one of my handraised kittens used to leak milk out of his nose for first 2 weeks of life because hed choke it back up(DIDN"T have a cleft palate) hes now 3 yo. I'd keep a clsoe eye on the kitten but not worry to much-they can take a lot and still be ok. RJ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed just now the 3 of the biggest kittens are licking RUnts. I did not know they knew to lick.. OMG My batteries are dead
They better do this again tommorrow lol...If they have the runs I will help clean it all up... I had no clue the babies would try the mush I make skittles... LOL I figured I had 2-3 weeks to go... I hope she stays nursing... She is so good with them all...

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol I thought the same the first time I saw them licking anything in front of them(thier foot, the ground, their sisters butts...
RJ

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so cute to see... They sit up...The baby with the spot on the side of his nose lets me play wiht him... I tickle his belly he purrs and then holds my finger... It is so cute...

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aren't they adorable?! They are like babies at about 8 months. They are just starting to bond and their personalities are developing. I bet they are sooo cute right now. Wait another week or two! They are our entertainment

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so cute to see... They sit up...The baby with the spot on the side of his nose lets me play wiht him... I tickle his belly he purrs and then holds my finger... It is so cute...

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny I hope runts is okay (sounds like she should be) but I just had the cutest mental picture, esp when you posted about how her siblings are licking everything off of her.. Too cute.

momof3cats&kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The runt of Jada's litter was also the first to gobble up Jada's wet food. She ate it like she was starving. I wondered if maybe she wasn't getting enough milk so she just ate the wet food. She's the best eater of the litter now. She even eats Jada's hard food. She won't be the runt for long!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they all at a litte... Skittles gets it in the mornong and night I gave it to her today any she lapped it up and put it in the nest... They eat it it is really mushy I think it explains why the nest smells like cat food and I change it 2x a day the last 3 days. I was doing it 1x a day... WOW I hope they dont get sick but they are so cute... I nothiced they are playing a little.. It is cute to watch them rollover to there backs and smack LOL... Runts is still little but I think she is ok... Chubbs mom now puts outside the nest if he wont stop nursing LOL... He will nirse 24/7 so she has to keep him out.. At 2 weeks he is the biggest at 12 oz he is big... A piggy wiggy....