I have no idea what my new kitty is!

chedesu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A random person gave her to me as he was moving and didn't speak much English. He thought she was a rag doll and paid $800 - ouch and basically gave her to me. She looks mixed though? She's 1.5 years old and seems very curious and smart ; she managed to open my cupboards!

Last edited by a moderator:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The color in the photo makes it difficult to tell, but I suspect she isn't a purebred Ragdoll. Perhaps she's mixed, one of her parents may have been. Her coloring isn't correct  - most have blue eyes.  In fact, on my monitor it almost appears that she may be a dilute Tortoiseshell.  

Can you get us photos with better lighting so we can see the fur coloration?  

She is beautiful regardless - I have a soft spot for the long haired ones 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chedesu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will try to upload more photos when I can manage to snap one

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She IS a beauty!

I still don't see Ragdoll in her - and I take back dilute Tortie LOL

I can't wait to see what others suggest. She kind of looks medium, not long haired and her coloring reminds me of a Siamese or other similar type (Birman?).  I'm stumped!

chedesu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She IS a beauty!

I still don't see Ragdoll in her - and I take back dilute Tortie LOL
I can't wait to see what others suggest. She kind of looks medium, not long haired and her coloring reminds me of a Siamese or other similar type (Birman?).  I'm stumped!
Yeah me either really besides some of the colouring - but other breeds have that too. She is a beauty! So glad I got her and for basically nothing. Cheaper than people charge around here for each some tabby kittens that they don't even know the gender of :/
Now I have to get her spayed once she settled a bit so she's less stressed. What is it with owners and not getting their cats fixed!
She seems smarter than my boyfriends cat haha! Very inquisitive and jumped above the cupboards! And opened them!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, I myself think she IS a tortie, probably diluted.   AND I think she is a point, even if her eyes dont seems to be blue.  some strains among the ragdolls dont have blue eyes.

So what she is, I dont know, if ragdoll so very pet quality.   But not totally impossible, I think..

As a cat and individual, she is very sweet and nicely shaped.  You were lucky in this deal.   :)

chedesu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I myself think she IS a tortie, probably diluted.   AND I think she is a point, even if her eyes dont seems to be blue.  some strains among the ragdolls dont have blue eyes.

So what she is, I dont know, if ragdoll so very pet quality.   But not totally impossible, I think..

As a cat and individual, she is very sweet and nicely shaped.  You were lucky in this deal.   :)
Very very dilute tordi since her cream body isn't completely opaque but definitely more pronounced dark smokey paws ears face and most of her tail. Someone else mentioned a point as well - and her eyes are actually blue tinted just very pale so you have to get up close to see it!
She is a lovely and quite inquisitive and active. A clever girl and it was an old adoption posting so I was surprised nobody else had snatched her up yet! She's a bit shy but responds well to her name and will come up to you. I really hope she starts to get alone with my boyfriends young kitty. After they're both fixed it might help /crosses fingers

chedesu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's her face closeup a little more contrast than IRL for light to dark fur

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Very very dilute tordi since her cream body isn't completely opaque but definitely more pronounced dark smokey paws ears face and most of her tail. Someone else mentioned a point as well - and her eyes are actually blue tinted just very pale so you have to get up close to see it!
She is a lovely and quite inquisitive and active. A clever girl and it was an old adoption posting so I was surprised nobody else had snatched her up yet! She's a bit shy but responds well to her name and will come up to you. I really hope she starts to get alone with my boyfriends young kitty. After they're both fixed it might help /crosses fingers
I saw she was tortie by the first pic, with her mosaic on the face.   Its a tortie mosaic to me.  Point by the overall appareance.  Even if the eyes doenst seemst to be blue (which is otherwise very revealing - although there MAY be non pointed blue eyed cats too).   The body is cream because its the natural body color of points.  This "yellowish"  of the siameses, no?

Whom said she was a ragdoll?  If its not a sure bet, so  Instead of pet quality ragdoll  she may be a non show quality balinese look alike - with her rather prolonged muzzle.

I myself I do like cats whom are a bit shy.  This way you KNOW when she gives you her love and attention, its not because its thursday or because you are a warm spot to lay on, but its because she is fond of you, because she has found you are worth it.

chedesu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw she was tortie by the first pic, with her mosaic on the face.   Its a tortie mosaic to me.  Point by the overall appareance.  Even if the eyes doenst seemst to be blue (which is otherwise very revealing - although there MAY be non pointed blue eyed cats too).   The body is cream because its the natural body color of points.  This "yellowish"  of the siameses, no?

Whom said she was a ragdoll?  If its not a sure bet, so  Instead of pet quality ragdoll  she may be a non show quality balinese look alike - with her rather prolonged muzzle.

I myself I do like cats whom are a bit shy.  This way you KNOW when she gives you her love and attention, its not because its thursday or because you are a warm spot to lay on, but its because she is fond of you, because she has found you are worth it.
Tordi mosaic? I haven't heard of that!
She does have blue eyes! Just very pale
And someone I talked to in person mentioned she looked like a point and I thought she seemed Siamese a bit in personality - very clever and a bit prone to tempers hahah. She is not overly Shy, more inquisitive . She's just a bit unsure now but will still let us pet her if she's in the right mood and we aren't too over eager .
I know what you mean! I prefer this too do you feel more special when the cat chooses you to give its attention to! :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Balinese is a semi/longhair siamese, really.  So I think we are nearing now.  I mean, she may even have some Ancestry for real.

chedesu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone :)
The vet listed her as a lilac point but yes she does have some lighter spots in face that breaks it up
She is medium hair so perhaps Balinese cross!
She definitely is smart and sassy but affectionate when she wants to be. Doesn't particularly like our other cat and doesn't like being coddled.

I did notice bottom of her paw pads have a bit of pink along with the dark brown

Last edited:

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am not sure at all what kind of a kitty she is. She has a little tortie on her face,and points also. Whatever she turns out to be she is one beautiful kitty. She is happy to be with you,and that is what really matters. Enjoy having such a wonderful kitty.