I don't know what to dooo. =(

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's very sad - I'm so sorry for you and that poor puppy.

At least she's in a better place now, and won't know hardship anymore...

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh no - how awful.

I am so very very sorry
your right - there are some horrible people in this world.

RIP sweet one, we are so sorry that your time here with us was so hard - play in peace now and you will never ever know pain or hatred again

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
How horrible! Soem people do not deserve to have animals! RIP sweet Mandy

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How horrible. May Mandy rest in peace.

The only comfort I can see in the awful story is that now you are linked with a rescue. Now you have learned (and many TCS'ers by reading your posts) that rehoming an animal is not enough. I'm sure when you placed that puppy, you had no idea that this would happen. But had she gone through the rescue, it would have saved you some money at the vet, and she would have been spayed. Most likely she would be alive today. (Although someone paying $250 for a pup is no guarentee that they will care for it properly.)

What evil people. Well, I just hope they don't have any other pets or any children.

Your concience should be totally clear. You went above and beyond to save this puppy, and did so twice already, and were ready to save her again.

Can you write a letter of complaint to the city pound, with a copy sent to your local paper complaining about their policy that ended the life of a dog who didn't even have pitbull in her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we don't know if she had pittie in her or not. We knew that she was a little bit German shpherd, and a little belgian malinois.. but no idea if her parents were purebred or mixed. And the new bylaw states that any dog that looks like a pitbull, even if it isn't, will be euthanized if it enters a rescue or pound. and any pitbulls born after October 29th 2005 have to be killed as well.

Yes, I realize now she should have gone to the rescue, instead of me truing to rehome her =\\

The sad thing is that they also have a himalayan cat (that needs medical attention last I heard he was attacked by a stray dog and they didn nothign about it) and a small tiny teacup chihuahua, which seems fine to me.