I Don't Know My Cat Type

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fluffy kitten :loveeyes:

Possible breed is hard to tell when they are young. Even then most guesses are just guesses on possible heritage and do not make the kitten/cat a purebred anything. Purebred is only with papers and many moggies exist that look like a breed without relation to.

Given that best I have is a domestic long hair tabby. Hopefully someone else can get more specific.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Kieka, he would be a Domestic Longhair. I'm thinking his color would be brown mackeral tabby, he looks kind of stripey in the picture of his side. Cute kitty!

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He has a beautiful M on his forehead to prove that he is a tabby. He is a lovely cat.
with kind regards,
Geoffrey

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The exact tabby pattern may be difficult to see on the long / medium hairs, but I wonder if he isnt also "shaded". Shaded isnt not common among the broad moggie population. the gene giving shaded comes usually from purebred cats. Persians or British... so a wild guess he has some persian ancestry, giving this longhis fur and the shaded type of coloring. But not near ancestry - he himself hasnt direct persian looks, really not even doll face persian.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Exactly what look alike he is, will be easier to see as he grows up more. Quite a few kittens has the teddy bear looks... So its often very difficult to see much on a young kittens.

Also, I remembered now our forumist Abyeb read the silver shaded fur nuance are allowed in the American shorthair. So there is another source for getting in the shaded gene into your little fellow.
Even if statistics will vote for some persian ancestry in the granddad range.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Exactly what look alike he is, will be easier to see as he grows up more. Quite a few kittens has the teddy bear looks... So its often very difficult to see much on a young kittens.

Also, I remembered now our forumist Abyeb read the silver shaded fur nuance are allowed in the American shorthair. So there is another source for getting in the shaded gene into your little fellow.
Even if statistics will vote for some persian ancestry in the granddad range.
His face is pretty close to an American Shorthair, he might have a lot of kitten fluff right now, and end up as a shorthaired cat. Also, ASH cats have pretty thick fur for a shorthaired cat, so that might make the kitten look even more teddy bear-like.