I Can't Take It With The Pee Anymore

Laurab88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat, a 7 year old rescue calico, is destroying my house with her pee. I'v spent the past two years trying everything... multiple litter boxes of multiple types, different placement, and different litter. She will poop in a litter box, but no matter how clean, won't pee in it. Had her checked by the vet and everything came back fine. We did some research and realized she might not like the feel of litter on her stomach when she squats. We created a box with a screen, which she will use, but she pees off the side more than anything. The second we put a pee pad under it to catch her misses, she stops using it and pees elsewhere in the house instead. My hardwood floors are destroyed and I'm at the end of my rope. Anything to recommend that I haven't thought of?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is frustrating. Did she ever use the litter box to pee in?
My female started standing up in the box doing more of a spraying and I had to put pee pads around it. That helped. Cleaning up the smell with Anti Icky Poo was a godsend to me. Check it out on Amazon. It is an enzyme cleaner and will get rid of the smell. I also have hardwood floors. You just spray it on and leave it, after you have wiped up the pee of course.

I see dogs in your avatar. Do you have dogs in your home? Wonder if that is an issue.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laurab88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Perhaps try plugging in some Feliway- maybe she is a bit stressed
I've tried it and it didnt seem to have an effect. Ive tried other calming sprays too. Maybe she needs something stronger?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Here are some other products, or you could speak with your vet--there's gabapentin and some others that are prescription.

For over the counter, there's Zylkene, Calming Care, Calm-o-mile, Sentry, Natures Miracle calming spray, Vetri-Science's Composure is another item to look at, Pet Remedy (it has valerian) is yet another, as is Essential Pet Pet-ease, Only Natural Pet (brand and website) has a calming product, Pet Naturals also has one I believe.
Lambert Vet Supply is a website to look at, and of course amazon and chewy, also there's Petwishpros, drsfostersmith, animaleo.

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've tried it and it didnt seem to have an effect. Ive tried other calming sprays too. Maybe she needs something stronger?
Those things never worked for me either and were a waste of money.
I ended up putting my cat on prozac and that stopped the spraying.