Hyperthyroid Kitty Question

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has hyperthyroidism. I give her a pill twice a day..12 hours apart.

I am going away for a week and a pet sitter will come to dose her. However, the pet sitter will dose my cat at 9 AM and then 5 PM each day.

Is this time interval between doses going to affect my cat?

Thanks

Melissa

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Melissa! The best thing would be to double check with your vet.

Ask them if maybe you need to make adjustments to your dosing schedule shortly prior and then again after, your trip so it's not an abrupt change, something like that.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
usually, if the dose is given MORE than half way through the schedule time, it will be alright. Btu definitely call your vet and ask. Can the pill be administered wrapped in bacon for that time to make it easier? Or hidden in a tiny amount of wet food? I would worry more about them not being able to give it. Have a back up plan. Sometimes the people who work at your vet's office are able to stop by. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
usually, if the dose is given MORE than half way through the schedule time, it will be alright. Btu definitely call your vet and ask. Can the pill be administered wrapped in bacon for that time to make it easier? Or hidden in a tiny amount of wet food? I would worry more about them not being able to give it. Have a back up plan. Sometimes the people who work at your vet's office are able to stop by. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well...i hire a pet sitter...but i will check with my vet.

Thanks