How to read your cat?

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I love Jasper, but sometimes he is SO hard to read!

There are times when he is the most affectionate cat ever, but I'm fairly sure he's not a lap cat which is fine! I love him anyway, but there are times when he's loveable and times when he turns away from your touch like you reek or something. Right now he's sitting at my feet, but all day today he snubbed me!

I guess I'm just trying to figure out how to read this dude!

He also seems to have some weird aversion to the couch O_O I can't figure out for the life of me why

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
All cats are individuals, some more affectionate, some more playful, some shy, etc. They are so unique and different but that's the allure of sharing your life with them. Our last cat was like no other cat we have ever known and we've had many cats over the years. Knowing Jasper the way you do just cherish his special quirks and keep doing what you're doing. 🤗

I thought this Article about the signs that show your cat loves you might be helpful:
23 Signs That Your Cat Loves You – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
All cats are individuals, some more affectionate, some more playful, some shy, etc. They are so unique and different but that's the allure of sharing your life with them. Our last cat was like no other cat we have ever known and we've had many cats over the years. Knowing Jasper the way you do just cherish his special quirks and keep doing what you're doing. 🤗

I thought this Article about the signs that show your cat loves you might be helpful:
23 Signs That Your Cat Loves You – TheCatSite Articles

I just wish I understood what made him switch back and forth between "I love you!" and "Don't touch me, filth!" lol

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
My cats do that to my husband, who has never hurt them and has tried to be as friendly as possible. I do think it is part of cat behavior.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
My cats do that to my husband, who has never hurt them and has tried to be as friendly as possible. I do think it is part of cat behavior.
It's just so weird. Like this morning we def bonded. He was at his cat tree, I pet him, we looked out the window together and then he started climbing me for hugs and pets. When I left, he followed me around. Now this morning he's snubbing me again. Tried to pet him and he recoiled like I need a bath or something o_O