How to place a cat?

petsagain

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A nice person on petfinder directed me to thecatsite and said here I might find help or suggestions.

Our daughter decided to foster an adult cat rather than see it go to the pound, but her apartment does not allow cats. Well, only one and she had one before this. Of *course* she now has to get it out of the apartment. Of *course* none of the no-kill shelters around here will take cats because there are just too many in MA.

Whether she nobly or foolishly decides to keep the cat and get thrown out, we just do not think that is sensible.

We really do not want a cat - we are mildly allergic to cats and have 4 dogs. I mean, we will keep it safe and all, but life will be ... exciting, you know?

Can you see any options for the cat besides us taking it? Any rescues or shelters in MA that will take cats? If we do take it, how do we find a home for it?

Thank you very much!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by petsagain

A nice person on petfinder directed me to thecatsite and said here I might find help or suggestions.

Our daughter decided to foster an adult cat rather than see it go to the pound, but her apartment does not allow cats. Well, only one and she had one before this. Of *course* she now has to get it out of the apartment. Of *course* none of the no-kill shelters around here will take cats because there are just too many in MA.

Whether she nobly or foolishly decides to keep the cat and get thrown out, we just do not think that is sensible.

We really do not want a cat - we are mildly allergic to cats and have 4 dogs. I mean, we will keep it safe and all, but life will be ... exciting, you know?

Can you see any options for the cat besides us taking it? Any rescues or shelters in MA that will take cats? If we do take it, how do we find a home for it?

Thank you very much!
Have you tried:

http://www.sterlingshelter.org/adopt...tstoadopt.html

See if they would be willing to take the cat if you offer them a donation.

Katie

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh how sad
wish your daughter could keep it... bless her though for taking this kitty in.

Have you asked friends if they know anyone that can take this kitty? I had a stray I had to rehome a while back and I took a photo and sent an email to all my friends and clients. I knew that a friend of a friend of a friend would have to be out there and wish to take this kitty in. And I found someone... so thats an option.

Dont give up on this little one.