How to help kitty in heat

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My adopted stray momma cat, unfortunately, had to have emergency surgery last month for an intestinal blockage, and, while that went quite well, now she shouldn't be spayed for a few weeks. (I think they would like her to build her strength up, plus the general anesthesia probably shouldn't be used too many times closely together.)

Anyway, she's in heat (and goes in about every 3 weeks), and I was wondering if there were any products that could make her more comfortable. She sounds so pathetic (and I'm hoping that it won't go on all night!
)

I was thinking maybe catnip? Thanks, and I WILL get her spayed as soon as the vet thinks she is strong enough.

-Kim

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

My adopted stray momma cat, unfortunately, had to have emergency surgery last month for an intestinal blockage, and, while that went quite well, now she shouldn't be spayed for a few weeks. (I think they would like her to build her strength up, plus the general anesthesia probably shouldn't be used too many times closely together.)

Anyway, she's in heat (and goes in about every 3 weeks), and I was wondering if there were any products that could make her more comfortable. She sounds so pathetic (and I'm hoping that it won't go on all night!
)

I was thinking maybe catnip? Thanks, and I WILL get her spayed as soon as the vet thinks she is strong enough.

-Kim
Hey Kim..Gaye would be a good one to ask. She's not online right now though. I'm sure she'll answer you tomorrow.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Katie, that makes a lot of sense!

I have some catnip in the front garden, so I'll try that for now. It's kind of funny, because it really brings back memories of my childhood - my mother bred Siamese cats, and I really remember that "yowling" meow. I just didn't know then what it meant!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, all. At least it only lasts a few days! (catnip did seem to make her forget about it for a bit!)