How much do you feed your cats?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow Raw feeders!

Just curious about how much you all feed your kitties.....

I just reduced their meal sizes yesterday to 4.5oz a day - for all of them (from 4.8oz).

That puts Lucky at 2.55%, Hope at 2.16%, and Bugsy at 1.6%

I reduced it as Bugsy needs to lose more weight, and he was losing way too slowly. Hope and Lucky were maintaining, but I think they will be alright with this small change.

What about you - How much do you feed your crew?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My normal pet cats eat 85-100gm - 3-3.5oz per feeding. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My normal pet cats eat 85-100gm - 3-3.5oz per feeding. 
missymotus, is that raw? How many feedings?
Wow, If I fed that 3 times a day to my cats they would blow up :eek:

Last edited:

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it's raw, twice a day with a bone or organ 'snack'. But they're a high energy breed who only sleep about an hour a day 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it's raw, twice a day with a bone or organ 'snack'. But they're a high energy breed who only sleep about an hour a day :lol3:
ohhhhh okay...... Not like certain cats who are awake for about an hour a day, right :flail::lol3:

wolcar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since I've been feeding raw they've been getting between 1.25-1.5 ounces 3x/day, so that is 3.75-4.5 ounces per day.  It probably averages out to closer to 4.5 a day, though.

southpaw

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Something like 4oz a day. It could be significantly more or less lol I don't know, but he's maintaining his weight. He's on ground raw, so to portion it out we freeze it in ice cube trays... one meal is one "meat cube" and he gets fed 4 times a day. On average one cube weighs roughly somewhere around 1 oz, but there's some variation in size because our ice cube trays are different brands. It all evens out, I suppose.

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Right now, they are getting about 6oz per day. Although, I am bumping Esme down this week to about 5.4oz per day. Although Naku is smaller, I am keeping him at 6oz because he is much more active and doesn't sleep much in comparison to Esme.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My high percentage F3 Savannah eats from 6.0oz to 10oz each sitting. He is given a whole live: mouse, rat, quail or chick twice daily. Sometimes, a small rabbit, when, I can acquire one. My domestics, eat, about 5.oz a day. Keep in mind, two, are indoor/outdoor and one is indoor and lives with a Savannah. Hence, needs calories

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just adjusted the amount everyone eats, because most of them need to lose a little weight at this point! Flowerbelle, really, is the only one that lost weight on the amount I chose to feed, and is at her ideal weight.

Lazlo and Chumley: just bumped them down to 1.3 ounces per meal from 1.5 ounces per meal.
Lazlo: Total is 3.9 oz per day. That's 1.8% of his actual weight, 2.0% of his target.
Chumley: Total is 3.9 oz per day. That's 1.7% of his actual weight, 2% of his target.

Sheldon, Tuxedo, and Spooky I just bumped down to 1.4 ounces (4.2 ounces per day total) from 1.5 (4.5 ounces per day total).
Sheldon: 2.2% of actual weight; 2.3% of target (he's only needs to lose maybe half a pound).
Spooky 2.3% of actual weight; 2.5% of target (she needs to lose about a pound).
Tuxedo: 2.1% of actual; 2.3% of target (he needs to lose about a pound).

Ming Loy: Just took her down to 0.85 from 0.9; that was down from 1.0 oz per meal. Her total is 2.55oz per day. That's 1.6% of her actual weight (10 pounds); 2.0% of her target (she needs to lose 2 pounds).

Flowerbelle: she eats 1 ounce of food per meal, 3 oz per day. That's 2.7% of her actual weight, and she's at her idea weight of 7 pounds. (She's our most active kitty. :lol3: ).

Billy: He gets wildly varying amounts at each meal in an effort to get his metabolism moving. It's working - he dropped a pound over the last five weeks, even though I bumped the amount he eats to 3.3 ounces (average daily total over 3-4 days) from 3 ounces. This is 1.4% of his actual weight, and 1.7% of his target weight.

Last edited:

jokasta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm in minority. I don't weigh my cat's food. Maybe that will change when she'll be spayed and/or grow up a bit. So far, she's young, lean and tends to eat in small and frecquent sittings. If that works for her, it works for me. :)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have made life so easy lately!!! :lol3: No more fussing, begging and following around the princess to eat. :lol3: All my cats get 1.5 oz. per meal. Three meals a day. So that total is 4.5 oz. per day. Everyone's weight is absolutely perfect and they look just gorgeous. I have NEVER owned such healthy looking kitties before. Their coats and their muscle tone is astonishing to me. :D :clap::clap: They do all have that little pouch, but it is SOOOO cute! Nice strong backs too. SORRY had to brag a little :lol2: ;)

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Somewhere between 4-6 ounces a day, it varies.  Senior 10 pound female kitty. 

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would *like* to keep it at around 4.2 oz of meat/protein a day plus the appropriate amount of liver and kidney and bone.  But in the past two weeks, Ritz' hunger/appetite has jumped dramatically, so it's closer to 5.2 oz.  She is somewhat more active but not *that* much.  And though she is long/tall for a female, I think she needs to lose weight.  But I hate hearing her meows all of the time.  I have an eating disorder so this pushes my buttons, so to speak.