How much bigger is he gonna get???

jadedlaw

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sidney started out with Science Diet when I first adopted her. We then switched to Eukanuba (sp?) b/c of the animal testing. We are currently on Royal Canin kitten food.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Joobihlee

Okay, I feel a bit worried now. Olga is 5.5 months and only weighs 4lbs. I thought this was about right. Am I wrong? I know she was the runt but she's a Persian so she should be on the heavy side shouldn't she? If she is under weight, how can i fatten her up a bit? She loves to eat, will eat anything, she's free fed Science Diet (nature's best). Maybe she's just little??
That seems a bit on the small side...make sure your vet thinks she's healthy! To get her to grow (well, bluk up, at least) you can try a couple things...you can give her a little bit of the KMR weaning forumla in distilled water or folded into her wet food. Or, you can offer her a supplement with her food, like Dr. Goodpet's optimum growth formula, which can be purchased online at www.goodpet.com Make sure she gets a lot of protein...you can give her a little bit of boiled chicken to get her extra protein.

My Lola will be 6 months next week and seems to weigh in at 5-5.5lbs. She's pretty tiny...I expect she'll end up being around 7 pounds or so. Pretty tiny compared to my 15 pound tabby!

lindaom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by loraandjeff

Haha, great thread! When I got them at 3 months, they were both pretty much the same size..Duke was a bit bigger, but not much. I adopted my 2 from Alabama 3 months ago and they are now 6.5 months old. Duke is 9lbs 8 oz and Cosmo is 5lb 4oz, haha BIG difference in 3 months.

This was a month ago

But that's ok, as twins, it was extremely hard to tell them apart. This makes it much easier (except when they're sleeping and all smooshed up together LOL)

Lora
Hi there, i ran across the picture of Duke and Cosmo and was stunned to see two cats that look exactly the same as my cat. I was just wondering if you know what breed they are?

avalon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I suppose it depends on the cat. My Harley weighs about 7 kilos, Pooka doesn't reach 4. And Reya who is six months old weighs sboout 1, I took her to the vet, he says she's fine but she is going to be really tiny

caitlin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Make sure she gets a lot of protein...you can give her a little bit of boiled chicken to get her extra protein.
Raw chicken is even better. You can feed bones and all (never feed cooked bones) and gets lots of protein. All my cat eats is a RAW diet, no dry cat food or anything..

My boy weighs 8-10 lbs (estimation obviously) and he's 9 months old. No fat, but alot of muscle.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lora and Jeff -- your twins are so beautiful! And what a sweet pose they did for you. Lovely little ones you have...

loraandjeff

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Lora and Jeff -- your twins are so beautiful! And what a sweet pose they did for you. Lovely little ones you have...
Why thank you CarolPetunia! *Duke & Cosmo are blushing at the compliments* At the risk of bragging, they are now almost 9 months old and I took this picture of them a couple weeks ago. It's my favorite as I just LOVE the looks on their faces as they love each other.

[/IMG]

Lora

loraandjeff

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lindaom

Hi there, i ran across the picture of Duke and Cosmo and was stunned to see two cats that look exactly the same as my cat. I was just wondering if you know what breed they are?
Hi Lindaom, I sure wish I did. If yours are like my 2, their fur is incredibly soft as silk. Momma cat was found, but pappa cat never was, and my 2 look nothing like momma cat.

I'd LOVE to see a picture of yours though if you could share? (*hint hint*) LOL

Lora

jekyllhj7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our cat Percival is about 16 months and (as per our vet visit 2 weeks ago) he is 15.9 pounds and NOT fat. We found him in the back yard Sept 04 and from the beginning the vet said he was most definitly part Maine Coon and they don't finish growing until 3-4 yrs old. They also don't mature until about that age either - so I have a huge baby cat. Fun.
His sister is only about 10 pounds though (my brother took her)

Our older cat, Phoebe, is (as far as we can tell, we got her from a shelter, but she fits all the descriptions) a Bombay. She is only about 8.5 pounds, but solid. Because of the size discrepency (and his wild behavior) we have to keep them separated when we can't supervise.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Garfield is now just making it to 9 momths old and when he went in to the vet this past Monday to get fixed the vet had down on the paper that he weighed in at 11 lbs!!!

Actually it said 11.0 lbs. So to the ounce.

He is not at all fat. He is very long and just hefty. He has huge paws and a huge face/ head.

But I am not at all complaining.. when we bought him he was dying from coccidia. For atleast a month we battled with it and he was very skinny and sickly.

Here is one of him when he was very sick (In June) cant tell really but ya kinda can....

And now....