How big will she get?

happyliz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten is 6 months old and she is always been the same pounds as her age sometimes maybe 1 lb less. If she is growing at this rate, how big will she get as an adult? She still looks small to me lol... last vet visit she was 5 months and 5 lbs or almost 5 lbs.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Many females are rather smallish. They manage anyway.   :)

Sometimes they get a grow spurt though.

A memory arises. Our neigbours when I was a kid. They had this small young female. She got kittens. And afterwards she got at least two sizes bigger!   Looked as an entirely another cat, so proud, so self conscious.

If it was her getting kittens which make her grow up to her full potential, or it was because she got kittens when she really herself was a kitten, and later on grew fully up, I dont know.

But it was a visible, even striking, difference.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's hard to say from this exactly how big she will end up. Probably not a LOT bigger or smaller than average. So far she has been right on track or a bit less for average domestic kitten growth which is about a pound a month up to a bit older than she is now. Then somewhere around 7-9 months there starts to be more divergence as most of them slow down, But some slow down more than others. and of course some grow for longer than others.

Judging from her growth up to now, she may end up around 8 pounds since that would just slightly to the lighter side of the usual average range of healthy slender adult female cat weight. ( Most domestic adult female cats at a healthy weight are 7-10 pounds.)

Of course certain breeds are big like Ragdolls. and certain are small like a Devon Rex. And the non- pedigree cats come in quite a range of size.
If you knew the size of her parents that could be a good hint.