Hey My Cat Kinda Looks Like A Possum

Possumboyscoob

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so I rescued a pregnant cat a few months ago, and she had four normal looking kittens, and then one little weirdo, (I say this affectionately). His black fur is roaned with white hair, and google isn't helping me figure out why it's like this. I thought it might be fever coat, but his mom wasn't sick when we found her, and he's never been sick. He also acts a little like a dog, but that's probably another story for another day. Any ideas? Maybe he's just roan?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Was the others shorthaired? momma too? I mean, if so, half of the shock will be he is longhair. :)
And yes, it would be a typical outcome, of two shorhaied carriers of the recessive longhair gene: ONE in a litter will be longhair.

The white hairs are the outer layer - the covering hairs, he has a double layer, so its not THAT weird.

But I shall admit, for the moment, I dont remember what its called or what other typical examples there are. :)

The overall look is quite a sweet. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Possumboyscoob

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Was the others shorthaired? momma too? I mean, if so, half of the shock will be he is longhair. :)
And yes, it would be a typical outcome, of two shorhaied carriers of the recessive longhair gene: ONE in a litter will be longhair.

The white hairs are the outer layer - the covering hairs, he has a double layer, so its not THAT weird.

But I shall admit, for the moment, I dont remember what its called or what other typical examples there are. :)

The overall look is quite a sweet. :)
All the babies and mom are long haired. No clue what dad looks like.
thanks! :)