Help

SPACEDOG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I raised two kittens from the same litter since they were tiny. 1 male (Mister) 1 female (Nautia). They are around 9 months now. I have let them in and out ever since i have had them because we live in the country,Although i like for them to be inside at night. On sunday Mister didnt look so well. His short black and white coat was not smooth like always and he sat with his head down and would not react to anything. His breathing was not labored and to be honesty i didnt know at the time to check the color of his gums but i mentioned to my wife that i thought he looked like he didnt feel good. The next morning i let them out to play as usual and noticed Mister was still sick, but he went outside behind Nautia. I sat down and started looking on line for his symptoms and well im no vet so i decided to get some pedilite and try to get him to drink some. But i couldnt find him. About an hour later i found him dead Back behind the Barn. I am disabled OEF/OIF War Veteran and those two cats are my therapy. I has shocked and sad. sick one day and dead the next????????
Now my baby girl Nautia seems to be having the same symptoms as Mister. i live on a limited income and i can not afford a vet bill but at the same time i love my cats. She does not seem to be as sick as he was and i noticed her symptoms beginning monday night. she is not throwing up and no problems in the litter box area. her symptoms are Weak Her hair is a mess like his was and she is long hair. she is brunning a little fever,she sleeps around the clock and eats n drinks very little. Please someone tell me what i can do to make her better because i cant afford a vet bill but i do love my cat. thank you anyone for help or advise. Pray for my bab
y girl!!!!!!!

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry. But, you have to find a way to get her to a vet ASAP. There are just too many possibilities. Either way, do NOT let her out again.

When you say she is not throwing up and no litter box problems, was he having those issues? They could have even been poisoned (accidentally, or otherwise), possibly with her getting less than him.

Can you try to feed her water and maybe thereafter some food (wet mixed with water) via an oral syringe? See if she can keep it down.

I am sure others will see your post and offer some additional options as well. Also, check to see if a vet will let you set up a payment plan.

Last edited:

Sandy Beach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A vet visit is in order. Sooner than later. If you can not afford to seek medical attention for your animal, contact your local humane society and see if they have funds or programs to help. If not, you may have to consider surrendering your kitty so that she may live as they will cover costs once in their care.
I’m sorry you are going through this. Hugs. I hope you get some answers.