HELP - what happened to Bubba's head?

usameisje

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor kitty!

I am glad they worked with you on the bill- it looks like you have a good source of emergency care for your "baby".

My Bootsie sends purrs for quick healing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waxlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
one of my cats had an absess similar to that but the vet didn't stitch it up. sinbad was left with this gaping hole but i have to say that it did heal quickly and easily.
The vet stitched up the area once they had cleaned up the abscess, but when they took the drainage tube out, they didn't stitch up the side of his face where the drainage tube is - I'm not sure if they had to open up more of his skin to make sure the abscess got cleaned up, or what the logic behind that was. He's sure happier without the tube in his face, though

Poor bubba. Ask your vet about putting some coritsone cream around the area to stop the itching. I had to use it on Jake when he was healing. It really helps with the itching.
I had asked my vet about this today when we went in to get the drain removed, and she said she wouldn't suggest doing this. She did, however, say that I could use a warm cloth to keep him clean/help soak the scab, and that should help w/ the itching.

My mom was awesome and offered to watch Bubba most of this week, because I'll be working three overnight shifts (14 hours each) in a row, and Bubba needs his antibiotics twice a day. Plus, it's just quieter at my parents house, and I figured he'd be able to heal better that way

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear he's on the mend. I had a persian years ago who was bitten on the tail & had to have a drain to clear the absess.