Help to ID this breed

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A couple of good, extra pics wouldnt hurt.   But do I not see the face is blackish, while the body is dark Brown?

Ie he does has a masque?

I suspect strongly he is a Burma - look alike, possibly even he is Burma for real.   They do typically has these colors, also more or less this shape of the face and muzzle

Im not sure what Burmas have for Eye color, but its not necessarily the blue as siamese Points are renown for.

Do you know anything of his background, his history??  @xetmarcr

(the american Spelling is possibly somewhat else, like burman, burmanese or so.   Some of the peculiar Big letters depends on the computer Im sitting at).

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

xetmarcr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the help, Stefan.  I know nothing about his history or background.  All I have are a couple of photos, and the other one shows even less of his face, so this is the best one I have.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Thanks for the help, Stefan.  I know nothing about his history or background.  All I have are a couple of photos, and the other one shows even less of his face, so this is the best one I have.
May I have, why are you interested in this cat whom you seemingly dont know anyting about,  save a couple of pics which doenst even show much?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I agree with StefanZ he looks most like a chocolate Burmese ;)

Beautiful boy :D

wallycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On my monitor, it does look like the coat is brown, but lighting and my monitor could be wrong and he may be a black fur, which would make him a beautiful Domestic Short Hair.

I'm no expert.  Have you asked your vet?  They can get a much closer and detailed look and give you an accurate (or more accurate) conclusion.

Regardless, very pretty!