Help me know more about my kitten!!!

tamfar1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a kitten that is now 5 months old. He is the first cat we have owned in our family. We have all fallen in love with him and I'm just curious in knowing more about him. My daughter got him from a friend. He is gray with a stripes of white underneath. He has a greenish hazel color of eyes. I'm not sure if he's considered long hair or short hair. His fur tends to be fluffy and not silky, I wasn't sure if it changes once he starts to mature.  Can anyone tell me more???? The lighting is different in each picture but he's gray, lol

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He might be a medium-haired cat! It'll be easier to tell when he gets older. It looks like he's got some tabby coloring. As for what "breeds" he is, as with most cats, you'll probably never know. On vet forms for breed and such, you'd list him as domestic medium (or long/short) hair. He's very cute! Congrats!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I do agree with Molly in every statement, INCLUDING he is verrry cute!    He is grey or blue as they say, and tabby.   But what sort of tabby?   We decide the tabby pattern looking on the side.    Here its difficult to see for sure because he isnt shorthaired.  I dunno if Im wrong, but on the first pic it seems to me he carries big spots?

If correct, he is a spotted tabby.   Not unique at all, there are quite a few domestic moggies whom are spotted tabby, but still, its not the most common around.   :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tamfar1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks!