dypak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreeing with Red Top Rescue. He could even be a British Shorthair, although his face is too narrow. But a lot of the Silver Tabby BSHs aren't as cobby as the others. Could be Scottish straight also.

Lovely colour.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 I agree in some ways looks more like the breed American Shorthair,  and silver tabby is the most popular color in that breed.     but could also be a Brit who is slimmer than usual.      The breeds are similar and are no doubt distantly related.    The American Shorthair is less massive and cobby but still with quite rounded contours. 

You might like either of these breeds;  so I would consider both,  depending where you are located you might find more breeders of one or the other.   Both breeds are popular in their home countries.  Outside North America,  the British Shorthair would be more popular in most places.   In the U.S. the American Shorthair is more popular.  

There are also random-bred domestic shorthair kittens who can look a lot like them.  Silver tabby is less common but does occur in random bred cats  and there are also brown tabbies with more contrast than usual who might look like that.  So you could also check with local shelters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dypak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone.  I appreciate your help.  I'm trying a couple variations and I think a couple of you are right that it's an American shorthair.  I'm just wondering if there's a particular breeder somewhere with this coloration.

Again, Thanks!

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you located?

BTW if you like the silver color with a very cute face,  another breed you might like is the Burmilla. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dypak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Where are you located?

BTW if you like the silver color with a very cute face,  another breed you might like is the Burmilla. 
I'll have to do a little more research on that breed.  I've never heard of them before.

Thanks