Help Many Questions

Maryj22

Lunathecat
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I have a kitty named Luna and I think she's about 62 days pregnant. I saw her with a male cat Feb 14, does anyone know when she'll be due? she eats a bowl of food a day before it would be like 3 bowls. She goes to her litter box only once a day now. She's not herself and I'm worried plus she's been extra friendly to me, she bites anyone else who tries to touch her, Also if you could let me know what type of cat she is that'll be great. I know she's a tortoiseshell but idk if she's mixed. Just trying to guess what the kitties might look like

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maryj22

Lunathecat
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I do. She's getting spayed right away. Any ideas how the babies might look like?

Maryj22

Lunathecat
Kitten
Purraise
She was also hanging around this other cat I didn't get a pic of. Is there a chance the kittens could have 2 fathers?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, cats can be impregnated by more than one male during a heat cycle, so kittens can have different fathers.

StefanZ StefanZ is good at telling breeding traits.

Mom cat should be spayed when her kittens are 8 weeks old. :)

Maryj22

Lunathecat
Kitten
Purraise
How many days would you say she has left? Feb 14 was the day I found her with the other cat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Probably not more than a week. She’s definitely in the end stages. Cats begin to eat less and rest more.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, yes! It’s time. Get powdered kitten formula in the house as well.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Torties can have pretty much any color kitten, because they can pass on the red color or the dark color. Males only get one color gene that they get from their mom, girls get two color genes, one from each parent. Since she can pass on either one, she can have red or dark boys, and tortie or dark girls. The dark ones will probably be tabbies unless she mated with a solid-colored cat. She can't have red girls unless she mated with a red male, so if the dark tabby is the daddy, no red girls.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, both toms may become fathers. Although is surprising common there is just one father, even if we know she mated with several.

Knowing the basic of color and pattern hereditary explain many of these different colored kittens in a litter...

That said, sometimes we get the catch on multiple fathers. For example, none parent is a tabby, but one of the kittens is. So we know there were at least two toms... The other unknown was a tabby.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Re coloration and pattern. Willowy told much.
Momma tend to give colors, pattern comes from both. Fur lengh from both.
So, if we presume this splendid tom is THE father.
All kittens will be medium or longhaired (this is a recessive gene, but both parents has it doubled up, so ALL kittens will be). Daddy is a tabby of some sort, probably a ticked tabby. So half the kittens will be too tabby.
Both parents have some white on them, so all or at least, most kittens will have some white on them. White spot gene is dominant.
Girls will tend to be torties with white, although both black and red may happen. And boys will tend to be black with white, or red with white.

Something such. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, he is fluffy too, I hadn't noticed. I bet they're related. Oh cats! :nono:

So, yeah, the babies will be fluffy if he's the dad. They're going to be so cute! Post lots of pics!

Maryj22

Lunathecat
Kitten
Purraise
No they are not related, he just appeared one day out of nowhere and stuck around I haven't seen him since I found out she was pregant and aw I'm so exited/nervous!

Maryj22

Lunathecat
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know when my cats due date is I think she's 64 days pregnant today or 65. She's been acting extra friendly today and she won't leave my dog alone. She's licking him and purring on him every movement he does she's there. Is this normal. How close is she to giving birth? She doesn't have any discharge yet but her nipples feel like there about to explode with milk and nothing comes out. I'm clueless this is her first litter and only

Attachments