*****HELP!!!! Fast advice needed on stopping a possible DECLAW!!!!!*****

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK....as some of you know, we found a kitten near work last week.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107533
A co-worker decided to keep her. Well, yesterday another co-worker told me that the boyfriend of the girl who took the kitten expressed concern over their leather furniture! I know that many of you on this site know exactly where to find the information I would like. It is 5:30 a.m. right now and the fact that I'm taking time to post this message means that I will most likely end up being a few minutes late for work.....therefore I don't have time to do a proper search myself. I'm looking for ONE definitive article that will cover everthing about why you should NOT declaw. One that will talk about the cruelty, the possible behavior problems down the road, alternative solutions (scratching posts, soft claws, etc.). Can anyone direct me to an article like that this morning? Today is her birthday...and while she won't be coming in to work, we are meeting up with her for lunch.....and I can give it to her at the end of lunch. I'm not 100% certain how to approach the subject with her. I thought of telling her that our co-worker mentioned to me that her boyfriend expressed concern about their furniture....but maybe I should bring our other co-worker into this issue. I thought of just telling her that while I'm not trying to tell her how to raise her cat, here's some information I would like you to read just in case......how does that sound? I hope someone on this site can come through with this information for me.....you guys are the greatest!!!!

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope that you are successful in talkeing your friend out of a declaw. I will be sending vibes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Susan....and you too Mary! I hope the documentation works.
I printed out a few of the documents and will bring them with me to lunch.