Heavily pregnant petit cat

Lil.xxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, I’m just looking for a bit of advise really. My girl cat is heavily pregnant I’m not 100% on when she mated I believe it to be around the end of October beginning of November, at the end of November I felt little lumps in her stomach which I assume was her babies and a week before Christmas felt movement.
She’s eating normally, she has been really affectionate up until today, she would try to bite me if I stroked her tummy ect and when I would try to gently check her, I noticed the tiniest bit of gooey like discharge today but was very little and nothing more since (that’s I know of) she seems more uncomfortable today, any ideas on how far of she is from labour I’m getting concerned she’s over due. I’ve attached on some pictures of herView attachment IMG_6973.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, she sounds near.
Had you felt the kittens move?
Had she dropped, ie suddenly looks less preg? Not all cats do this visiblly, but its common, and happens a couple of days before delivery.

As a rule, cats manage a somewhat too long preg better than humans, while the kittens manage a too short pregnancy much worse than human babies...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lil.xxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree, she sounds near.
Had you felt the kittens move?
Had she dropped, ie suddenly looks less preg? Not all cats do this visiblly, but its common, and happens a couple of days before delivery.

As a rule, cats manage a somewhat too long preg better than humans, while the kittens manage a too short pregnancy much worse than human babies...
Yes been feeling the kittens move but since yesterday it’s been a little less and yes yesterday I said she feels less pregnant so worried and searched the house but after felt her baby’s ect.
I guess I should just wait it out and see what happens my only concern is that she’s over due but she’s not in any distress.
from the pictures I posted before would you say she looks due?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes been feeling the kittens move but since yesterday it’s been a little less and yes yesterday I said she feels less pregnant so worried and searched the house but after felt her baby’s ect.
I guess I should just wait it out and see what happens my only concern is that she’s over due but she’s not in any distress.
from the pictures I posted before would you say she looks due?
So she HAS dropped. In that moment you typically feel them less, because they are squizzed in the birthig channel and cant move as much. This happens about 2 days before expected delivery.
At this moment it sounds normal, delivery is nearing with every hour, although its not easy to say exactly when.

While you wait, try to give her calcium rich food. Whatever you have at home and she takes.
Lack of calcium may cause weak labor... Just to safeguard some extra.

Last edited:

Lil.xxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the advice I appreciate it a lot.
Still no change here, just seems uncomfortable now. Fingers crossed it won’t be to much longer, I feel so sorry for her being so uncomfortable

Lil.xxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Any advise she still hasn’t given birth, noticed some discharge today again but still no signs of labor, I will be ringing the vet again tomorrow.
just wondered if anyone had experienced this?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I will be ringing the vet again tomorrow.
I would do the same thing given that you are into what appears to be a longer time than normal. My experience with pregnant cats has always been ferals and I have not usually known for sure when mating occurred or if something was delayed, so can't speak specifically.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree it’s time to see the vet. She needs an x-ray to see what’s going on. My hunch is that she may have conceived later than you think, but if not then she is definitely overdue.

Please keep us posted!