Resolved Header Navigation Versus "quick Navigation" Pop-up

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Under Forums in the top navigation, the drop down box does not include all the choices for navigation (I almost went into withdrawal, thinking that the Cat Lounge & Games and Fun sections had disappeared!)

However, I went over to the little "open quick navigation" icon near the top right of the page, and the pop-up box for that does seem to show more links from which to choose... whew, I can find the Games section in that pop-up box!

Will the top "Forums" navigation button be getting a full drop-down list of the site to navigate? It seems just partial at the moment, unless I am doing something wrong.

(oh, and yay! smileys are being added! thank you!)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Under Forums in the top navigation, the drop down box does not include all the choices for navigation (I almost went into withdrawal, thinking that the Cat Lounge & Games and Fun sections had disappeared!)

However, I went over to the little "open quick navigation" icon near the top right of the page, and the pop-up box for that does seem to show more links from which to choose... whew, I can find the Games section in that pop-up box!

Will the top "Forums" navigation button be getting a full drop-down list of the site to navigate? It seems just partial at the moment, unless I am doing something wrong.

(oh, and yay! smileys are being added! thank you!)
What type of device are you using? It wasn't showing up on my Ipad yesterday, but it does show up on my desktop.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The top navbar was hand-coded by yours truly :oops:. I was trying to create something which would be similar enough to what we had on the old platform. The default forum drop down menu in this software doesn't actually list the forums and I wanted people to be able to find them where they're used to have them. The fact that it's hand-coded means it's not a 100% reliable reflection of the actual forums structure but it should be very close to that.

It does include the lounge and the games section, only the order is a bit different (that change is actually on the forums main page too). The lounge is now under a "Social Forums" section. You'll see it there with a small "arrow" next to it that will take you to the lounge's sub-forums.

I hope that helps. And yes, the quick navigation button is pretty awesome and convenient if you know it's there. I'm pretty sure most members haven't discovered it yet.