Hare Today

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I can not wait until my shipment from HT comes! I've been giving Lox some quartered necks and strips of chicken and she picks it over her Wellness catfood-gravy.

If you have a standard fridge with a top-freezer just about how many pounds of ground mix can you find in there?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got all of my first 51-pound order in my regular freezer. . .but I couldn't fit anything else in there! :lol3:.

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sigh. Guess I will have to do 20 pound orders, my partner survives on chicken nuggets unfortunately! 

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sigh. Guess I will have to do 20 pound orders, my partner survives on chicken nuggets unfortunately! 
Check around and see if there are any local raw food coops.  Oma's Pride is out of Connecticut I think.....I'm sure there are distributors in NY.  You might be able to fill in from sources like that and avoid having to ship everything.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, I can not wait until my shipment from HT comes! I've been giving Lox some quartered necks and strips of chicken and she picks it over her Wellness catfood-gravy.

If you have a standard fridge with a top-freezer just about how many pounds of ground mix can you find in there?
I'm thinking if Lox is already liking "pieces" of meats,she may not like the ground stuff you've ordered.  Cats are strange that way.  Once they've sampled Frankenprey, lots of times then they don't want ground anymore.  You'll just have to wait and see. 

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I got my package from HT today. Everything was still frozen! Awesome.

I've been doing 75% canned and 25% raw per meal to get Lox started. She also had some gizzards today, dusted with some leftover bonito powder which she gobbled up.

So far, so good. 

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm expecting MY HT shipment today.  Hope it is still frozen, since it's coming all the way to AZ, and it's running in the high 90s already out here

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sending you positive vibes, mrsgreenjeens! 

Lox has been taking in raw pretty well. She's a bit slow at eating it... Maybe she's still not sure that it's actually food, but otherwise things are going great!

manizheh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
about eating meat that still has hair attached . Long ago I had a cat that used to catch and eat rabbits from the field next door. He never had hairballs. Or any bowel problems. Fleas are what I had to deal with. But still worth it. 

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sending you positive vibes, mrsgreenjeens! 

Lox has been taking in raw pretty well. She's a bit slow at eating it... Maybe she's still not sure that it's actually food, but otherwise things are going great!
Well, mine didn't get here until around 4 p.m., and sadly, about half the box was thawed, and the other half was completely frozen.  I think the thawed box was sitting on the sunny side of the truck, up against the very side or something.  That has never happened before, and I've gotten deliveries in August before, when it's been 30 degrees hotter.  Oh well, it was still cold, so I'm not too concerned about it being ruined.  It took me about 3 hours to get it all divided up (ordered 30 lbs), and this morning the kids already enjoyed some of the new goodies.  Darko had some chicken hearts and turkey thighs and was glad of it!  Think he was getting tired of pork strips, which was all we had left

Glad Lox is eating her raw, even if she is slow at it

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your shipment was alright, mrsgreenjeens.

I am very fortunate that the fedex dude drops the box inside our complex. 

I think one of the reasons why Lox takes a while to eat now is because she's not used to her new feeding station. I used to feed her in the bedroom but now that I am handling raw I've decided to feed her in the kitchen... Easy clean up.

I really gotta figure out how much more I can fit inside the freezer. Once I'm down to half of what I got now I'm planning to order more. She enjoys the chicken a lot as of now and does her lil swag dance for gizzards after playing.

Though I do have one complaint. Not about HT specifically. Why is it so hard to get the scoop out of the Alnutrin! 
 I got thick fingers! It's difficult to get that scoop out! 

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your shipment was alright, mrsgreenjeens.

I am very fortunate that the fedex dude drops the box inside our complex. 

I think one of the reasons why Lox takes a while to eat now is because she's not used to her new feeding station. I used to feed her in the bedroom but now that I am handling raw I've decided to feed her in the kitchen... Easy clean up.

I really gotta figure out how much more I can fit inside the freezer. Once I'm down to half of what I got now I'm planning to order more. She enjoys the chicken a lot as of now and does her lil swag dance for gizzards after playing.

Though I do have one complaint. Not about HT specifically. Why is it so hard to get the scoop out of the Alnutrin! 
 I got thick fingers! It's difficult to get that scoop out! 
I get my Alnutrin directly from the manufacturer.  It is cheaper than HT, but you do have to pay shipping.  They do not ship a scoop with it, and even recommend that you don't use a scoop in lieu of weighing it.  I assume that must be special packaging for Hare Today.I picked up a kitchen scale on eBay that switches from oz to grams.  I use that to weight the amount.  They also ship it in 32 gram premeasured packs, which prepares 8 pounds of meat.  I do get them sometimes, just for convenience, but it is a bit more expensive that way.  

Last edited: