Happy Anniversary Ritz

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just a shout out to Ritz (female), who I agreed to 'foster' four years ago today.

Ritz is my first cat ever, I grew up with Poodles, with whom I never bonded.

My friend rescued her and her litter mates (shortly after a 20 inch snow storm) a little over four years ago, and feeling responsible, I said I would help socialize them.  I went over to her house three to four times a week for a month, progressing from having to throw food their way to them eating in front of us.  And then Taz (brother) became a little TOO interested in Ritz, and my friend asked if I would consider fostering Ritz.  I said yeah, but wondered if it was fair for Ritz to be a guinea pig (so to speak) of my efforts to learn about cats.

Ritz had me with her first meow.  Plus I was amazed she found the litter box even though she'd never seen where I placed it in her new Furever Home.

She is teaching me how to become more human, and I am teaching her about trust.  She sleeps with me, is a lap cat, loves her belly rubbed, hates to be picked up and claws clipped:  she's perfectly impurrfect.

PS:  Ritz, if you are reading this:  you are even more special, unique than I thought!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that is so cute. l'm sure she'll read it when you're sleeping 

Happy anniversary to both of you.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a really sweet shout out to Ritz! I'm glad she came into your life. Sounds like it was a wonderful thing for both of you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you very much.

We started off this morning with a nice cuddle session in bed.

Yeah, she changed my life totally.