Half Bengal Or Just Pretty Babies?

fostermum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I got a kitten from a small animal shelter yesterday. They were found in a disused tree house & several of their siblings had already fallen out. Mama cat was unable to be caught but the two remaining babies were brought to the shelter I got them from.

I say I got (A) kitten because although I have both of them, I am only a foster mum to one of them until she can be found a wonderful home.

When I first saw them I thought they looked unusual & I'm wondering if it's possible their father may be Bengal? I would be very grateful for any input.

They're holy terrors together & very brave little girls. They both have distinct tiger striped legs & their 'stripes' look more like spots at times. They have big toes that look slightly webbed & they're quite precocious. When you stretch them out the 'stripes' definitely look like spots. They both have light caramel coloured bellies with rows of dots.

I don't care either way because they're both gorgeous girls but as little Nancy with the white paw tips is still looking for her forever home it would perhaps make it easier to re home her if she was an 'unusual mix'

Thank you very much in advance for any input :D

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cant ou yourself adopt both of them?  Most cats prefer to have a cat friend.  

And this way you wont need to decide if they are "just"  verry verry pretty two girls, or if they even are half bengalese...   :)

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've already got 3 other cats! An old lady (14 yrs old) half Siamese & two other adult rescue cats...5 cats would take me into the realms of crazy cat lady :lol3:

I've taken Nancy as a foster kitten as they were living outside in a cat chalet & I was worried that if they didn't become acclimatised to living in a house, around people & other cats, that she would be impossible to home.

I'd love to keep them both as they are completely gorgeous. My other cats hate them at the moment of course, but they'll learn to tolerate them with time. Lexi & Nancy are totally unphased by the growling & hissing displayed by my other cats :D

The 'just pretty babies' really wasn't meant to be offhand or derogatory. I think they're adorable either way, it would just be interesting to know :D

Don't tell me to just keep both....temptation is an awful thing. Maybe I am a crazy cat lady after all ;)