Guess my lynx point's background?

ferret

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all!  I posted a few months ago when I first got my kitten.  I thought it would be fun to have another look at her, now that she's not just a tiny puffball anymore.  You can start to see the shape of her body and the length of her coat better (it's not as fluffy anymore, but it's more plush), and her colour has come in a bit more.

She's a 5 month old DSH with a completely average-looking grey DSH for a mom, but her father is a mystery.  Thanks to you guys I learned that her markings are called lynx point.  We weren't 100% sure on the colour, but said probably blue.  There were 3 other kittens in the litter, and they all had the exact same markings so that makes it  more likely that the father was a point-coloured breed or mutt.

So I was wondering if anyone wanted to take a look and guess what kind of background she might or might not have mixed in there.  Siamese, Himalayan, and ragdolls all seem to be very popular in my city.  She's a DSH either way, but it's fun to guess :)

The last one is a bit older, but I included it because you can see her cool markings really well here :D

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess  Siamese Ragdoll Tabby mix  She's Sooo Pretty!   

Beautiful coat  Gorgeous kitty!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As her face is completely normal, not flattish nor longish, my guess is her father was a ragdoll, and momma gave all the blue coloration (so she carries both black and the dilutation gene).   If momma isnt not a grey tabby, so it was dear daddy whom was a lynx point.

Momma is of course a carrier of the point gene, as "you need two  to dance tango"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferret

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys, I appreciate the opinions :D