Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling so amazing after getting several two hour stretches of sleep last night. Definitely the best sleep I've gotten since J was born. Maybe J wasn't getting enough milk if my latch was too shallow and learning how to do the deeper latch made a difference. I'm almost ready to say I don't need the ppd help but I'm still going to go through with the program at least next week because this could just be a momentary high.

I ordered myself some socks because mine are getting holes in them and I don't know when I'll be shopping in stores again and also added these to my cart. I'm excited to get them and use them. She'll probably end up being a tomboy, so I'll enjoy it while I can, lol.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are so cute!! They look way more comfortable than the ones that were around when DD was a baby. My cousin uses that style a lot on her 1 year old who still doesn’t have much hair.

I think going through with the ppd program sounds wise. It can help give you tools to get through other rough times. Babies tend to go through periods of better and less better sleep (sleep regression); and I personally struggled mentally the most when we weren’t sleeping well. It was easier the 2nd time around because I knew it would pass. But its hard to think straight and clearly when you aren’t getting restful sleep. I used to tell myself there were mothers all over the world up with their babies too. That helped a lot. And I laughed when I’d do something stupid like start to put the milk in the pantry or the keys in the freezer.:lol2:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
And I laughed when I’d do something stupid like start to put the milk in the pantry or the keys in the freezer.:lol2:
Yap, I did that too, i.e. put the milk where it wasn't supposed to go.

The best was when one of my closest friends who was also breastfeeding was so tired that when she heard what sounded like a baby crying she brought (it) into her bed to nurse. Turned out it was her Siamese cat not her baby she was nursing. :eek:

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I think those are so cool. I was raised with family bed, and my mom thinks babies should sleep in their parents' beds. . .but I know that just isn't safe under a certain age, even if we did survive. But you also don't want your baby halfway across the room when you want to nurse. So those are the perfect compromise, safe and convenient!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari, you are a big tease, ha!!! just one peek?💞
Sorry! I do post pictures on facebook, because I have the illusion that only my friends can see the pictures (or friends of my mom or mil if they post). It's probably no safer, but I can pretend it is. This site just seems so wide and open.