Goofy. April 30, 2008-January 8, 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Close. It's his brothers collar (his brother is in the urn to the right of the little black cat.) Goof's is black and stored away in the dresser somewhere, I'll be digging it out. They only wore them for awhile because the little bells got annoying. :lol:
I do love their memorial you have set up- I'd love a memorial,a shrine if you will in remembrance of my Cheech but I just cannot even look at his harness ,urn or paw prints- only starting to look at his photos again

I'm really glad it gives you Comfort-it comforted me somehow to see yours

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The strangest thing is, when I went to pick up Tag's ashes, there was that double rainbow. Yesterday morning, before I even knew Goofy was coming back home, there was a huge full "snow bow" around the sun. It was really something. I've seen them before, but it's usually a little snippet of a rainbow above the sun and along the sides, but this was the whole deal. That's twice that a rainbow appeared on the day they came back home and I remember the bow is God's covenant he made with us and them. It helps me accept that they will be there when it's my time, my little shadows with me always when I get there.
Since Tag passed I've been stuck in that place where I wondered, worried, thought about what if I had done this, that, etc., and for some reason when Goofy got sick it was like I didn't have time for that anymore. I had to focus on the here and now, and in a strange way his loss helped me cope with Tag's loss as well. Knowing I did all I could with what I was given. It's kind of a bitter sweet thing, really.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. You were such a good parent and did all you could for him. :redheartpump: