Goodbye my 19 year old Candy

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences to you and your family on the loss of Candy. This must be very difficult, since your father is also ill. Perhaps there will be a kitten or two, in your parents' future, to help fill the cat-sized hole in their hearts. And if my ancestors are right, that the unborn souls are up there on the Other Side with those have lived and died, then the newcomers may well get to meet Candy, and have the inside scoop on how to fit in with the family. 19 years is a tribute to the great love and wonderful home you gave to your precious Candy. Rest in Peace, Candy...

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gosh, these posts always choke me up....thanks for sharing your richly detailed story about your sweet Candy...what a doll, and a good friend she sounds like she was....RIP sweetie Candy

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gilly, I've just seen this!

Your tribute was so touching and full of love!

Candy will now be happily over the brige playing and watching over you, your family and Guinness!

Remember, Candy's never far away while she's in your heart!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Sar

I am sorry to bump this topic, but we scattered Candy's ashes in the garden on the 12th of March. It was a beautiful spring day, if a little cold. We were all tearful but I just couldn't hold back and got really upset. But I will look back on that day and think of all the new things appearing, the daffodils were just coming out and there were snowdrops and crocuses. I am glad that Candy is in the garden still with all the things around her that she loved
My mum is going to plant some forget-me-nots that came with the box that her ashes were in - such a sweet tribute. I have her little box here with me along with the stuff from the vets - even though she's not in there I don't want to throw the box away yet.

Thanks again everyone

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awwwww that brought a tear to my eye Gilly

I am so glad that that her final resting place is where she loves and she will always be in your heart

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest in peace Candy. Candy's tribute brought tears to my eyes. Candy is free from her body that was failing her. She is now on the bridge making lots of kitty friends until you meet again...