Go In Your Litter Box.

DivinityxTia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bought Divinity a litter box and immediately placed her in it to feel the litter. She inspected it then jumped out. Minutes later, she peed in it. Then I changed the spot of it to somewhere more private. I showed her where it was just in case. Then I went to sleep and wake up...I smell something strong. I look in the box to see if there’s anything in there. NO. So she did her business on the floor. On the bottom of my blanket! :argh: I clean it up, go to wash my blanket, and then move the box again. Somewhere private, but easily seen by her. Then I placed her in it like the first time. I hope she knows that I don’t want to smell like cat, nor do I want my room to smell bad! But why would she poop outside the box, but peed in it?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe put the litterbox back in the spot where she first used it. She might not like the more private spot, she might like to be more out in the open.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DivinityxTia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe put the litterbox back in the spot where she first used it. She might not like the more private spot, she might like to be more out in the open.
Well, I think being out in the open more worked. I didn’t put it back in the first spot, but the latest spot worked...I think. She went and did something in it so that’s nice.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad there's been no more accidents. If you want to move it again, try moving it a little each day, until you get it where you want to keep it.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cats are funny. I have a few boxes that are in more private areas, and a few that are in the wide open. I think my guys must like social bathroom time, they use the wide open spaces boxes more. :)