Purraise
I have just read and signed the online petition:
"Olympics 2004: give the strays of Greece a sporting chance"
hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition service, at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/OG2004/petition.html

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
signing yourself.
After signing they ask a small fee of 1$, weather you do this or not is fully upto you, You can also sign without paying.
The signatures are the most important.

For more info also see;
http://www.paw-europe.com/olympics.html

Last opportunity, please sign!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These sort of announcements really do belong in the S.O.S. forum. So I am moving it there now.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have also signed this petition, but we have many new members. Hopefully there will be many more signatures added. Thank you for the reminder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eltopsis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you Lotsocats & Jeanie for signing.

My Mi Jauw and Roosje are Greek Cats.
I visit Greece now for about 25 years and I must say that the situation with the animals is improving. You find more and more people keeping pets in their houses, as before most animals only lived out in the streets.
That does not mean that the situation is good, far from that, but I see the first signs in the good direction.
The biggest problem is the goverment who does not support shelters etc.,or tries to improve anything. Killing is their only solution.
I do not belong to an organisation or have a cattery or something, but we try privately to do what we can. We live in Holland and go to our house in Athens 4 times a year for about 1 month. We take care of about 20 stray's which we spayed and neutered on our own account. 3 years ago we celebrated our wedding aniversary with a big party. Instead of asking presents we asked for money which we all used for the Greek cats. My sister in law who lives close by takes care of them during our absence.Another cat freak.
What happens now with the Olympics is a very bad thing and has to be stopped.
Indeed I hope that a lot of newbies will sign also.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw the most horrific animal documentary the other night. The festival takes place every year in Spain. They bring this poor donkey in to the town square and everyone in the town crowds in on this donkey until they crush it to death. I couldn't even watch it all I was crying to badly. I left the room.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eltopsis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What about the bulfights?
There are so many examples it's terrible.
The mentality of the people has to change as long as that does not happen nothing will change.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Agreed, the brutality is everywhere, and sadly it just seems to keep spreading...

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Els, I have to praise you for taking care of those strays. You are truly an unselfish and admirable animal lover. That's above and beyond the call of duty! Wonderful!