"Funny" biting...

hs4816

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Toby has always been a biter. Tried 10000 different things, never found a cause, never found a cure. For the most part he's slowly grown out of it. It's rare and he only does it to me.

However, there's once circumstance that triggers it about 99.9% of the time.

When I sneeze!

It's really quite hilarious. Any time I sneeze he comes and bites me. He doesn't come running, he just finishes whatever he's doing and walks slowly over to me and gradually leans towards my arm and slowly sinks his teeth in. Even if there's been a 2-3 minute delay from the time I sneezed he still heads over and bites me.

anyone else have a wierdo like mine?

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Fred doesn't bite but he will come running and crying when one of us sneezes. It's really funny.

One of our other cats HATED sneezes and would cry and leave the room if one of us sneezed.

None of the others have issues. Well, at least not THIS issue.

sugarcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is really weird (and funny - as long as it doesn't hurt!). Maybe it's his way of saying gesundheit!

One of my kittens (he's not really a kitten anymore at 17 months) loves to play-bite, but we've managed to teach him not to do it very hard (most of the time - sometimes he still gets a little "over-exuberant", shall we say). You can see it coming as he goes all squirrely and puts on his 'play-face', with flattened ears, wild shifty eyes, mouth slightly open. Sometimes I redirect him to a giant stuffed carrot and he attacks it with hilarious ferocity (gotta get some video of that one of these days).