Funny behaviors...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
These stories are so funny! Cats certainly seem to find ways both to keep us on our toes and to amuse themselves. Jamie recently broke my desk chair by jumping on it. I replaced it with a swivel chair, and now he's having a lot of fun leaping up on the chair and making it spin. He gets very upset if the chair is pushed in and he can't make it turn. It doesn't seem to make him dizzy at all.

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One last one, my favorite cat Brutus (he passed away last year of old age) he always got a little dribble of milk at 5:30 in the morning because that was when my mom would get up. Well on the weekends we didn't get up that early so he would come in and sit on my chest and start patting my cheeks with his paw until I would wake up!

duncansdaddy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Duncan's behavioral eccentricities run the gammet. From his 'pulling' me away from the computer, to kneading my chest while sleeping, to following me everywhere (and I do mean everywhere) seemingly as to not miss anything exciting. There are three males living in our house...me, Mike, and of course, Duncan. Duncan, considers himself to be the alpha male...even though the other two males are human.

One thing that is rather hard to understand is Duncan's taste in music. I'm a musician and have a rather wide variety in music taste. Mike, on the other hand, has one genre that suits him: hard rock. If we are listening to Mike's music, even if it's not playing loud ... Duncan will 'tell us' (with gutteral meows) that he's not happy. Strangly enough, Duncan seems most content with dance music. I wasn't even aware that cats understood what music was. Not that I'm complaing...dance is one of my favorites. I just think it's a little wierd.

garfy mum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Ambel girl will always sleep on top of the keyboard whenever my hubby want to use the computer. When he scolded her, she will show a very innocent and move aside, then sleep by using the edge of the keyboard as a pillow. Whenever I want to sleep. She will climb up to the bed and try her backside on top of my face, then only sleep sweetly around me

My boy garfy only meow to me when we scolded him and the way he act is just like, "ah shutup mummy". The funnist things I can never forgot is that when the vet inject medicine or vaccin to Garfy, he will start to cry from the start until the needle has been pull out. And his cry sound like "meoMoeMOEWwwwwwwww". It really funny at that moment.
Of course there will be a lot more it just that I cannot recall at this moment.

alexis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What an amusing thread!
Where to start? Okay, my one year old boy, Sandy, has some interesting little quirks. Sometimes, if my sister or I are at the computer, he will come over to the side of the desk where there's more room and sit staring up at it, half posed to jump. He wants to get up next to us, but he never does until we either pat the table or say "Come on up", then he'll get up. He also loves to play with caps to water bottles. Throw one across the floor and he'll go after it like a rocket. The then picks it up in his mouth like a dog and proudly trots around the room with it. He also does this weird little run we call the gorrilla where whe rears up on his hind legs and makes a high pitched "rawwwrraa!" He looks just like Godzilla in the low budget Japanese Godzilla movie, as he stomps across the city.

Our new kitten, Sweetie loves to play with the facet in the bathroom. If my mom, my sister or I are in the bathroom washing our hands or whatever, she stands on top of the facet and bats at the water. She's also a very dainty little girl. Sandy's a pig who drops a lot of food when he eats. So she always cleans up after him before eating out of the bowl herself. If he doesn't cover his business in the liter pan she has to pain-stakingly cover it up before she can do anything in it herself.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Dori is scared of her poop!
When she uses her litter box she flicks her paw once to cover it and then runs as fast as she can to my closet and hides for a few minutes. She does this every time she uses her litter box. It is so funny because she runs away so fast. Once she cut the corner short and ran smack into the wall, she stopped for a sec and still ran to the closet.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Let me share a few of my babies' funny quirks.

Buddy- must jump on my back and ride as I walk around. He LOVES to knead at my neck and shove his head/nose into my neck to cuddle.
Buddy must get on my back right after I get out of the tub and lay on my back for a few minutes until I start trying to get him off then he'd jump off and walk off in a huff!

Buddy & Spike MUST supervise me while I'm bathing-they'd stare at me from the shelves..

Buddy will bring a string to me for me to wave it around for him. If I drop it on the floor, he'd bring it back to me and keep dropping it on my chest/face until I play.

Pepper would drag a string teaser onto my bed as I get ready to go to sleep and keep walking over me until I wave the teaser around for her. She often will come and wind around me begging to be petted and as soon as I start, she'd stick her back/butt up for more!
In the mornings, she'd start walking on me and start pawing at my head to wake me up. If I don't wake up and I pull the covers over my head, she'd start digging at the covers until she could see my face or I get up!

Spike comes running whenever I'm on the toilet and proceed to give me VIOLENT nose bumpings with his nose. Sometimes he'd be on my lap, rear up and place his paws on my chest and rub noses harder. Other times if I won't bend my head, he'd reach out with his paw and try to pull my head down near his face.

As Spike would do this to me on the toilet, Buddy would jump on my back/shoulders then proceed to try to catch Spike's tail from my shoulders. Pepper will come and start winding around my ankles begging to be petted.

Spike often would halt me in mid of my walking to get petted- if I'm walking and he wants to be petted, he'd run out front of me then stop in middle of my path. If I walk around him, he'd keep running up front then try to intercede me (often tripping me) and would stand on his back hindlegs with front legs on the walls trying to get me to pet him. (it works!)

Zebra LOVES to rush the sliding door whenver she sees a feral cat outside and will paw like crazy at the door. When she wants to be petted, she'd wait till I look at her then give this pitiful look and meow and I'd immediately stop whatever I'd be doing and pet her.
Zebra also LOVES to chase, be chased and wrestle. She often would race other cats up the catposts to see who beat who to the top!

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, these are great! What entertainment!

The late Guard Cat had an interesting taste in music, yet he could often sleep right through it. He would lie flat on his back right behind the stereo speakers while were were playing an opera. How he could sleep with Renata Tebaldi belting out an aria from Aida beats me! Guard Cat also snored like you wouldn't believe. One time I was downstairs sewing at the far end of the house. My late husband, whom I was caring for at the time, was napping upstairs. I heard this very loud snoring downstairs and my thought was "I have never in 39 years heard my husband snore this loud!" (And he was a snorer, too.) Well, I went upstairs to check on him, and it wasn't my husband snoring at all. It was Guard Cat down the hall! Realize that that noise would have either had to come through the carpeted floor/ceiling and travel about 30 feet or to have traveled 40 feet or so and around three corners! It was loud!

Red Cat has a ritual when he comes in from outside. When my late husband was alive and acting as the doorman for the felines, Red Cat would first rush around the house to find me and demand to be petted. Next he would go downstairs and check to see that his emergency door, the door to the storage room under the stairs, was left unlatched so he could go hide if anyone else came to the house. And only then would this 15-pound hunk of cat head for the food.

Red Cat also seems to have an interesting sense of humor. You know how kids sometimes go to a house, ring the doorbell and run. Well, Red Cat some times comes to the backdoor and meows loudly, then when I go to let him in, he just stands there looking at me for a second, then turns and runs like crazy. He also loved to try to make me scream. He'd hide behind doors or around corners and dash out in front of me. He often startled me enough that I screamed, at which point he'd jump up and down like he was laughing at me. He gave up that last habit about a year ago, though, after I plowed into him hard three times within a week - so hard the vet said it looked like someone had been beating on him.

Purdy, at age 7 or 8, still chases his tail. Sometimes on my bed. At about 4:00 am! Or he'll try to get me up by running down the hall, up over the top of my bed, off the other side and back down the hall. And if I don't get up, he'll do it again and again. Aren't cats fun?