Fuming!!!!!!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am ready to kill my dog at the moment....this has been a fairly long day for me. Yesterday we found a kitty dumped off by some of our lousy neighbors when they moved. Today my mom had catarac surgery, so i've been taking care of her all day ( she's doing really well). I've bathed and flea dipped the new kitty. Groomed all my animals, cleaned the entire house, scooped all the litter pans, and given my mom all her meds....all i wanted to do for 5 minutes was eat my dinner! But nooo....Ginger had it instead
!!! I went to go check on my mom when she was asking for help, and i put my plate of chicken on the very back burner of the stove, as far out of smell and sight as possible for a few minutes so i could check on my mom. Well, being the little devil that she is, Ginger jumped up and stole my dinner. I was soo mad. Aside from the fact that i was starvin, chicken is really bad for dogs. So i drug her growling and attempting to eat the chicken as fast as she could into the back yard and made her stay outside till i cleaned up ( she's indoors only). She's back in now, and she sure did make a bee line for my mom's room and ran and hid under the bed! She knew she was toast lol. Uhhhh....so now i'm trying to figure out what to eat yet again. Sorry, I had to vent!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hun, I am feeling ya!!
That totally sounds like something my dogs would do(well not Molly) but Jimmie or Amy...yup, they would love to snatch food from the counter and run away with it. Did u get anything else to eat though? *hugs*

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would be more concerned about your flea dipped kitten. If you used an over the counter product, please keep a sharp eye on the kitten and if you see her drooling, or becoming lethargic or refusing water, please get her to the vet quickly. That stuff can be nasty and should only be used with a vet's okay.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I would be more concerned about your flea dipped kitten. If you used an over the counter product, please keep a sharp eye on the kitten and if you see her drooling, or becoming lethargic or refusing water, please get her to the vet quickly. That stuff can be nasty and should only be used with a vet's okay.
Thankyou for your concern MA..i really appreciate it. I forgot to mention that it is a male kitty- between 4-6 months. Sorry, i probably scared you lol. I have been trained by the vet/groomers- that i used to work with on how to flea dip, and i get my shampoos from the vets office only. Actually, when i get days off, i'll occassionally go to some of the shelters and help the groomers there too
. The bath was just a precautionary thing until i can get him into the vet tomorrow morning. I flea comb too before bathing. As of right now, he's indoors, seperated from my other cats at the moment until he gets tested in the morning. All of my animals take flea treatment once a month even though their indoors only( i'm highly allergic to flea bites, plus fleas can be tracked into a house easily). I've groomed quite a few fur babies, so he should be just fine
I snuggled him in blankets and kept him warm until he was completely dry and then brushed and combed him out well. Hehe, he's fast asleep on my lap as i'm typing. He's such a sweet baby! Also, wish him luck tomorrow when he gets tested! Thanks for keeping up with the thread. I've posted the one about Harley(he purred just like one, so the name stuck lol) down below for you to look at if you'd like. (ignore the pictures, i'm still trying to figure out how to resize them with photobucket)

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89723

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Hun, I am feeling ya!!
That totally sounds like something my dogs would do(well not Molly) but Jimmie or Amy...yup, they would love to snatch food from the counter and run away with it. Did u get anything else to eat though? *hugs*
Lol, thanks for making me laugh....Ginger is still hiding in my mom's room sulking that she didn't get to eat all of the chicken...
. I haven't had anything else to eat yet. I've been running back and forth between my animals, the foster kitten, and my mom so i'll find something to eat eventually
. I really want some vietnamese food right now, but the resturant is closed and it's late...i think maybe i'll just make something easy instead. Have a good one, and protect your food from moochers

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully all turns out well and you get to eat soon!

Teaching the "out" or "drop it" command does wonders if you want a dog to drop whatever is in his mouth. Its an invaluable command to know for safety purposes. Ideally, you shouldn't have to ever drag a growling dog anywhere...
This can be dangerous as well as reinforces the idea that a dog is the boss.
Any dog who is growling as you go to take something away from them thinks they are

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

Hopefully all turns out well and you get to eat soon!

Teaching the "out" or "drop it" command does wonders if you want a dog to drop whatever is in his mouth. Its an invaluable command to know for safety purposes. Ideally, you shouldn't have to ever drag a growling dog anywhere...
This can be dangerous as well as reinforces the idea that a dog is the boss.
Any dog who is growling as you go to take something away from them thinks they are
I've tried countless times to teach her "drop it," but to no avail. I would love to take her to obedience school, but since she's 1/2 wolf, none of them near me will let me enroll her.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How have you been teaching it?

You can also get a trainer to come to the house. I wouldn't forego formal experienced training, especially if she is a hybrid.