Friskies

taurus08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm very confused as to why pet owners would rather make other people rich from selling the by-products of cruelly slaughtered animals instead of asking your local butcher shops or delis for their scraps. Can there be anything healthier than that?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taurus08

I'm very confused as to why pet owners would rather make other people rich from selling the by-products of cruelly slaughtered animals instead of asking your local butcher shops or delis for their scraps. Can there be anything healthier than that?
Actually, raw feeding is best, but, unless you take the time to do a LOT of research, you could do a lot more harm than good.

"Scraps" from butchers and delis are not complete nutritionally.
You'd need complete, whole (guts, and bones included) chickens, rabbits or turkeys to even approximate a complete diet, and even with all that you'd likely still need to add a few supplements.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by taurus08

unless your getting them from a organic butcher or a butcher that the farms bring the meat too ... the chemical load is the same in the meats.. I can say a homemade cooked diet of truly natural or organic meats was costlier than the "best " premium cat food by 2 to 1 ....

Your local butcher animals came from the slaughterhouse to .. unless like in my area you have a local farmer/rancher delivering to the local butcher