Freezer storage

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know what, I think I am going to go with glass storage containers, at least for the Rad Cat. Portioning the Rad Cat all out and putting it in bags, as it gets softer and softer, is a real pain in the neck. And half the time the pieces end up melding back together in the baggie. And I hate the waste.

The home made portions are already frozen (in ice cube trays) when I put them in the baggies so it's easier and they stay separate. But since I plan to continue with the Rad Cat indefinitely, I am heading out to walmart for some Pyrex freezer storage containers.

By the way I ordered some new ice cube trays. The ones I am using don't identify the brand, and I have no idea if they are BPA free or not. Sterilite and Rubbermaid brand are both BPA free so I have ordered a set of each, one set for pumpkin and one for meat. :)

I also checked all the plastic food baggies I am using, and they are all BPA free, much to my relief.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I bought a set of Pyrex food storage dishes at Sam's Club. . .they should have the same thing at Walmart too. I don't know if the sizes can be bought individually (because I haven't looked yet :lol3:) but I think the little 8-oz size is very useful for single servings.