Found Shivering Kitten In The Freezing Cold

Gibson6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was walking into my apartment complex (which has an open style) after my night class and saw these bright eyes staring at me behind the trash cans. I went on over and found this little baby freezing cold and shivering. She let me pick her up and I took her into my apartment and immediately gave her some water. I left her there for about 20 minutes while I went to pick up some food for her. When I got back it was like she had not had a meal for quite sometime. I have had her for about a month. Took her to the vet to get her shots and treat her fleas. The vet said she was extremely underweight and would have only made it a few more days if someone didn't intervene. I have 3 cats from when I was growing up, all from the adoption center, who live with my parents. This kitten is very different, she is extremely loyal. I have to be in her sight all the time or she absolutely freaks out. She has cuddled me every single night since I took her in. She sleeps right next to my head on my pillow. I am a college student and feel very bad leaving her alone. I wish I had more time for her. Whenever I return she is right by the door waiting for me kneading her paws and wagging her tail. She loves to be held and is a licker, but if a friend is in the apartment she is in hiding. She looks surprisingly different from other cats that I have seen. I am brand new to this site, hoping to get a little bit more information on this little girl. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Too cute. Thank you for taking her in!

I am terrible at cat breeds, but someone will chime in on that part.

Sounds like she's really grateful to you for taking her in. She knows you are her hero ;)

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for taking in this sweet baby and giving her a loving home! She’s beautiful! And so cute! What’s her name? :lovecat2:

Unless you were to get a DNA test done on her, she would be called a silver classic tabby Domestic Shorthair. But, I do think it’s possible she has some Oriental in her; with that wedge-shaped head and large ears.

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was walking into my apartment complex (which has an open style) after my night class and saw these bright eyes staring at me behind the trash cans......
Those "bright eyes" were looking closely to see if you were a sucker for a homeless kitten. My wife and I must have it written on our foreheads in special ink that only cats can see. Every cat we have ever owned was a rescue that somehow found its way to us. The last one has been an absolute joy to have around! I hope the one you found brings you the same!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I was walking into my apartment complex (which has an open style) after my night class and saw these bright eyes staring at me behind the trash cans. I went on over and found this little baby freezing cold and shivering. She let me pick her up and I took her into my apartment and immediately gave her some water. I left her there for about 20 minutes while I went to pick up some food for her. When I got back it was like she had not had a meal for quite sometime. I have had her for about a month. Took her to the vet to get her shots and treat her fleas. The vet said she was extremely underweight and would have only made it a few more days if someone didn't intervene. I have 3 cats from when I was growing up, all from the adoption center, who live with my parents. This kitten is very different, she is extremely loyal. I have to be in her sight all the time or she absolutely freaks out. She has cuddled me every single night since I took her in. She sleeps right next to my head on my pillow. I am a college student and feel very bad leaving her alone. I wish I had more time for her. Whenever I return she is right by the door waiting for me kneading her paws and wagging her tail. She loves to be held and is a licker, but if a friend is in the apartment she is in hiding. She looks surprisingly different from other cats that I have seen. I am brand new to this site, hoping to get a little bit more information on this little girl. Thank you for your time.
:welcomesign: :hithere: W:loveeyes:W! What an adorable sweetie pie and so adventurous! My heart was in my mouth when I saw her so high, what a brave girl. How old is she? Are you going to get her neutered when shes old enough? Has she shared her name with you yet? Don't feel bad for leaving her alone, just make sure to have many cozy spots for naps, fresh water available at all times and since she's a kitten maybe some kibble to free feed on. And toys, lots of toys. Kneading means she is happy. She might be frightened of other people because she may have been mistreated, just make sure she has secure hiding places to go and don't try to force her to be friendly, let her come to them. Are there windows for her to look out of? Gypsy has a lounging spot in front of most of the windows and loves watching the birds and squirrels. Thanks for all the wonderful photos, keep us updated. You are doing great! Thanks so much for saving the life of this darling little girl:heartshape::wave2:

Last edited: