Found a GOOD LOOKING supplement for COOKED meals

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used their Better In The Raw and really liked it. Maybe an option for cooked as well?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just ordered the Alnutrin With Calcium so that's what I'm going to start with anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw they had a raw supplement, but I didn't compare the two.

Denice, Alnutrin is a very high quality product with dedicated ownership. :nod: You really can't go wrong with it. But it doesn't balance just meat, you have to add the liver. :lol3:

Of course, I believe that it's best to get the nutrients from the food, if possible. But I also believe that for people that want super easy, a supplement that balances just meat is better than commercial, because I so strongly believe that fresh is best (whether cooked or raw). :nod:

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that looks good makes me wonder if it make it tastier for the cat :)

and can you give that to cats that eat kibble and canned?

lcat4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
NO, this premix is only used to supplement boneless meats - raw or cooked.  It can't serve as a gravy to a balanced commercial pet food.  Over supplementation of certain minerals/vitamins can be dangerous to your cat, and the kibble and canned foods are already appropriately balanced (per AAFCO standards). 

There are lots of discussions in this forum regarding feeding raw and cooked meats, utilizing bone as the calcium source or using a premix (like this one) to supplement a boneless meat, if you are wanting to consider other options to feeding kibble or canned foods to your cats. 

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeh, I'm not sure that Sebastian could use this. He's allergic to barley. Is barley grass in the same family?

I'm probably going to have to try the BalanceIt supplement for cooked meals. I know you need to add liver in order to use the Alnutrin with Calcium. I can't remember if you have to add liver with TCFeline, too. Well, my nearby grocery store doesn't carry any kind of "weird" meats. No liver. No hearts. No chicken parts. Hey, that rhymes.
  I'd have to ask the butcher, but the meat department was already closed. I might have to try another grocery store a few miles away.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could certainly feed some meat made up with this premix along with their canned and dry food. But you would not add this supplement to commercial food (I wasn't sure which one you were asking so I thought I'd cover both :tongue2:).

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was asking about u stew because some of my cats act hungry but wont finish there food etc so i thought if i could us u stew i could add a little as a intisment but if thats a no no then i'll find something else sorry if i might have changed the convo.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeh, I'm not sure that Sebastian could use this. He's allergic to barley. Is barley grass in the same family?

I'm probably going to have to try the BalanceIt supplement for cooked meals. I know you need to add liver in order to use the Alnutrin with Calcium. I can't remember if you have to add liver with TCFeline, too. Well, my nearby grocery store doesn't carry any kind of "weird" meats. No liver. No hearts. No chicken parts. Hey, that rhymes.
  I'd have to ask the butcher, but the meat department was already closed. I might have to try another grocery store a few miles away.
The TCFeline has liver powder in it.  One has beef liver powder the other chicken liver powder.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was asking about u stew because some of my cats act hungry but wont finish there food etc so i thought if i could us u stew i could add a little as a intisment but if thats a no no then i'll find something else sorry if i might have changed the convo.
Like I said, you could cook up some meat with the U-Stew and mix that with their food. I'm sure they'd think that was yummy.