Foster cat BIG ears

fostersrule

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I picked up a foster a couple days ago. She has huge ears!!

She has a somewhat small head compared to her body and itty bitty little legs and feet. Her ears remind me of a savannah cat - the size not the shape. Savannahs have rounded ears and black tipped tails and spots (some are marbled but it's not preferred) but I don't know much about dominant recessive traits in regard to domestic shorthairs. It is possible that she has some savannah/serval in her? The way she carries herself is unlike any cat I've seen in person before. I'll try to get a picture of her standing. She is just now starting to get comfortable with me. The picture of her in this post was the first time she came out of her den while I was in the room. She's been busy with her 4 babies in there. Regardless of her possible background, she is a beautiful cat and I hope her kittens get her ears:D!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I too think there is something less usual in her. Not any average domestic.  The pattern seems to be the classical tabby (other names are marmored or blotched). This isnt that unusual, but her color is rather uncommon.   Also her overall posture...  I cant not enough of the new and experiment breeds, but I wouldnt be at least surprised if she is one of those.  

Also, all experiment breeds do leave lotsa of "bi-products" on the way, till the bread is stabilized.  She may be one of those...   A good breeder spays them before they are sent to the new home... But...

Do you know how old she is?  Is she youthly gracile, or it is her nature to be such a gracile cat?

How are her kittens? Look alikes or different looks?  Of course, if she become dumped, got astray, or got into a so so home, the tom would be the nearest accessible...

But if they are look alikes, they we will have a decent safety she is purebred.  Although tabby is dominant, so her kittens should be tabbies.  So it will be the color and overall looks which will decide...

Some ideas and speculations...

More pics, and continuing reports are welcome, about this beautiful mom and her kittens.   :)

Goood luck!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostersrule

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

All her babies look the same mostly. They all have different lengths of white tips on their tails. She's got the most intent gaze. It's almost alarming.