Flea eradication?? Frontline??

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Somehow, my indoor kitties got fleas this fall. They got bathed with flea shampoo and treated with Frontline Plus 4 days ago, but they are still scratching a bit and I am still seeing a few fleas. How long does it take for Frontline to work? Is there something I should use instead of Frontline? My mother uses Frontline on her dogs and they never have fleas...so I assumed the feline version would be pretty good, too.
I plan to re-treat them in 30 days, to make sure we get all the fleas.
Having indoor kitties, I'm not too experienced with flea extermination, so forgive me if these are dumb questions! lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cool. Thanks!!
(I'm not too good with the search function! lol)

horatio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
depending on the fleas infestion at the cat's body. usually a bath n 1 time application of Frontline wud do the trick n sometimes u might repeat the process again after a few days...

if ur cats still sratching like mad, i wud suggest u bath both of ur cats again with concentrated flea shampoo, dry them up n apply Frontline spray on them. see the results after 3 days. if the sratching is less, then apply another round of Frontline Spray n bath ur cats again after say 5 days time...

hope this info helps...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by horatio

depending on the fleas infestion at the cat's body. usually a bath n 1 time application of Frontline wud do the trick n sometimes u might repeat the process again after a few days...

if ur cats still sratching like mad, i wud suggest u bath both of ur cats again with concentrated flea shampoo, dry them up n apply Frontline spray on them. see the results after 3 days. if the sratching is less, then apply another round of Frontline Spray n bath ur cats again after say 5 days time...

hope this info helps...
I would just caution you NOT TO OVERUSE flea shampoo and re-applications of flea spray.

My advice would be to get your flea meds from the vet and follow his/her instructions. Generally a food flea medication should last one month with no baths in between (Advantage and Revolution).

Over-the-counter flea medications generally do not work very well and some can be very dangerous to your kitty.