Flash Attacks

Beadweaver

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 4-year old Turkish Angora was given to me as an older kitten through a social media site called Nextdoor. The person who gave her to me was not forthcoming with any answers as to her background, they were only anxious to give her away stating that they weren't allowed to have cats in their apartment. She is a gorgeous blue eyed doll of a cat. She is a very affectionate cat but there is a problem. For no apparent reason, while petting her, if you make a sudden move that startles her, her pupils dilate and she will attack with teeth and claws. She bit my 85 yr old sister on the eyelid, and is very aggressive toward her. I can't let Grace even sit on my sister's lap as she will lash out unexpectedly if she moves her arm. I woke up this morning being gnashed by claws and teeth because I moved the wrong way in my sleep. It breaks my heart that she has this problem because most of the time she craves affection and enjoys normal cat petting. I've had dozens of cats in my lifetime but never one like this. My arms are all scarred now from scratches and bites. One was so bad I had to go to the doctor and he was required to report the incident to the police so now Grace has a record! I can't give her away because no one else will want to keep a wild cat like this and I'm afraid to keep her!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise