First meeting of F.O.A. (Feline Owners Anonymous)

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michelle -

Why do they cut the toe fur? I wouldn't cut it anyway, but reason do they give for doing it in the first place? Too wierd.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello my name is Catarina (again)...I think the meetings start off like that...:LOL:
How many meeting should take place a week! I for one could use it everyday! My kitty sammiches are way out of control. My lips are on Cary's fat wittle tummy wummy and I blow on it! He loves it though....they all do! Oh no, I need to find a sponser really quick!

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toe fur is yucky, cute, but yucky!

As cute and tempting as it is, its better to clip it down, less trouble for the cat, and so much more sanitary for you! If the Toe Fuzz is short, theres less chance of bacteria
and other nasties, so theres less chance of problems for you and Kitty..

As cute as Toe Fuzz is, Chin Chin Nuzzle Neck is far better, you get to feel their warm breath and listen to the soft, contented Purrs that way!

Next meeting will be held on Dec. 2, 2001 ....:LOL:

We may be having an open drawing for sponsors, aomewhat like the Secret Santaa...although I think it may be difficult to find a reliaable level headed sponssor in this group? :laughing2

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello? Is this thing on? Ahem! Okay. Well, I've been a cataholic for about 14 years now. I kept a ferret before then. Anyway, what I love is their little warm feet. You know, when they stand on your stomach or chest or legs and you can feel the warmth from the soles of their feet? Yeah, that's what does it for me. Oh, and the noses. Them too. Another thing is what I call "tail blessings." You know, when they stroke you with their tails kind of like they're knighting you or touching you with a magic wand? Yeah. Well, um, I guess that's about it for me. Thank you.

=^..^=

alexnell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sunlion--
The reason the toe fur was clipped was that it was so long that it covered the pads. I was told that Alex would have better balance and be able to get more traction when he walked or jumped. IMO, clipping the toe fuzz makes him less coordinated because he's so used to having it there. And it's sooooo cute.

The vet asked me one time if Alex ever got litter or other stuff caught in his toe fuzz. He never does--it's always sparkling white and in great condition. Alex is such a fussy little diva about his fur.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ahem *coughs and stands up*

My name is Debby, and I am definately a cataholic, the more the merrier, I feel, but thanks to such people as Sandy and a few others here, who have gotten their point across in a very nice way, I am in the process of having all my cats fixed, and have already had many of them done.

I still find the little guys irrisistable, so don't be surprised if I end up with more, but only after getting the rest of them fixed!

The cookies are great, by the way!!! MMMMMMMMMM