i bought this cute cat, i was told she is pure american breed,
can anybody help me what is specific breed she is...this is my
first kitten..;):D

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
How cute! By "American breed", the person you got your kitty from was referring to an American Shorthair, or a Maine Coon; (or an American Bobtail, American Wirehair, and American Curl, but these are more minority breeds) these are the breeds that are generally thought of as "America's cats", although there were more breeds that were developed in the US. I really don't see any influence from these breeds in this sweet baby, she actually has quite a resemblance to a doll-faced Persian (with her cobby body, long hair, small ears, and long ear furnishings). Doll-faced Persians don't have the brachycephalic face of the modern Persians, so they do have a muzzle, like your kitty. Check out pictures of some doll-faced Persians here: The Traditional Persian Cat FAQs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How cute! By "American breed", the person you got your kitty from was referring to an American Shorthair, or a Maine Coon; (or an American Bobtail, American Wirehair, and American Curl, but these are more minority breeds) these are the breeds that are generally thought of as "America's cats", although there were more breeds that were developed in the US. I really don't see any influence from these breeds in this sweet baby, she actually has quite a resemblance to a doll-faced Persian (with her cobby body, long hair, small ears, and long ear furnishings). Doll-faced Persians don't have the brachycephalic face of the modern Persians, so they do have a muzzle, like your kitty. Check out pictures of some doll-faced Persians here: The Traditional Persian Cat FAQs
h
hi, abyeb..

Thank you so much!!!