Finally getting progress

malena

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to share that our ferals really made progress this last week. Two kittens are tame since they were bottle-fed but the other three has kept a distance to us after having a lot of medical treatment during the most crucial period of the socializing. The mamas are truly feral. Wen we came back after our five day vacation they where all feral again except the two bottle babies.
Now they are finally invading our entire home - pushing flowers on the floor, hiding keys, spreading my clothes all over the place and they come close. Yesterday little Silas was playing in our bed all morning and little Tosca walked up to me and sat down next to my feet. When I held my hand close to her she sniffed it and put her little paw on my hand asking for candy. Gypsy, who is the most feral of the kittens, was playing next to my feet when I visited the toilet this morning and the mamas spent half an hour in the kitchen with me, just watchin me on a close distance.
This morning the kitten-gang woke me up and swear it was planned. On the shell next to the bed four kittens was watching when Ice, one of the tame once, crawled under my blanket and bit me - hard - in my buttock. I guess they wanted breakfast.
I know now that we made a lot of mistaces in the socializing process but I do not have the heart to part them from the eachothers or the mamas. It just has to take a little bit longer instead. My best help is Wesley and Ice - the bottle babies. They purr as soon as they see us and it has really been good for the other cats to see that.

evepie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
auw fantastic! what great news
this can only get better now!

love the way they "planned" how they were going to get breakfast!